Author Topic: display problems  (Read 3443 times)

Brock0101

display problems
« on: April 26, 2003, 12:16:13 AM »
i am running windows ME and after about a month or shorter of useing the avast home ed. program my display becomes messed up when i start up my computer and is there is no mouse just a keyboard to use. i have to use my system restore to fix the problem it works then the same thing happens after awhile of use of the program.
 how can i fix this problem?
is it my computer?
or is the program not configured right?

please help thanks
Brock

email me at this for help
justme_brock@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 01:37:34 AM by Brock0101 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:display problems
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 02:04:49 PM »
ME is the worse version of windows there is. It is likely a faulty os what is causing this. Get and run Add-Aware, Sptbot s&d and TheCleaner might help you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:display problems
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 09:41:31 PM »
i am running windows ME and after about a month or shorter of useing the avast home ed. program my display becomes messed up when i start up my computer and is there is no mouse just a keyboard to use. i have to use my system restore to fix the problem it works then the same thing happens after awhile of use of the program.
 how can i fix this problem?
is it my computer?
or is the program not configured right?

please help thanks
Brock

email me at this for help
justme_brock@hotmail.com

I agree with Artras... ME is not stable. But if you need to stay with it, try to reinstall it without formatting the HDD before. It does not seem to be related to avast. The mouse and keyboard failure at boot is a Windows ME thread... When I try to reinstall, everything works again for some time greater than only using the restore function. Hope this help.  8)
The best things in life are free.