Author Topic: When Pro trial expires  (Read 2565 times)

JerryM

When Pro trial expires
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:31 AM »
When the trial version of Avast Pro expires does it automatically revert to the Home version, or must I remove, and install the Home version?

Thanks,
Jerry

mauserme

Re: When Pro trial expires
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:43:46 AM »
I believe you will need to register for the home version

http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php

Then, when you enter the Home key, the program will make the appropriate changes without needing to be reinstalled.

JerryM

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:01:33 AM »
Hi mauserme,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds easy enough to me.

Regards,
Jerry

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
If you do not register the Home or buy the Professional, after the trial period, you won't be able to update the program or the virus database.
The best things in life are free.

JerryM

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:09:58 PM »
If you do not register the Home or buy the Professional, after the trial period, you won't be able to update the program or the virus database.

Thanks, Tech. I do have a free license that is still within the year period. However, it is no trouble to get another if necessary.
I may trial another AV just for fun, but if not I find Avast my fall back AV. It always runs without conflicts. I do think it profits from the addition of something like AVG AS.

It is interesting that on the last AV Comparatives test AVG Anti-Malware, which has the AVG AS as part of the application shows up  much better than in the past, and I believe that Avast would also have a detection rate several percentage points better than now, which isn't bad anyway.

Best,
Jerry