Author Topic: yahoo toolbar  (Read 5287 times)

topaze

yahoo toolbar
« on: March 16, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
How to get rid of this sticky toolbar?I don't like it at all.

It was downloaded with something else and now impossible to remove it.Each time I open the IE it reappears like a rebel!!
I also tried everything ,with control panel ,(add and remove prog),even with ccleaner,but no it is still here.

Any idea?
Topaze-

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: yahoo toolbar
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 08:15:17 PM »
If you install it again and then through Control Panel try to remove, won't it work?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »
I think if you installed Cleaner the default install installs the Yahoo toolbar.

If you did install ccleaner, uninstall it and reboot and see if that removes the yahoo toolbar, if it does then install ccleaner, this time select custom install and don't allow the yahoo toolbar.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

topaze

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »
Hello Tech & DavidR,
@David:yahoo toolbar was there before I installed Ccleaner and I precisely didn't allowed the yahoo to be installed

@Tech:if I install a second yahoo toolbar and then remove ,maybe there will be only one to be erased?But I will try this.

T-

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 10:22:39 AM »
The idea is that if the uninstaller for the toolbar is broken, reinstalling will repair it, allowing you to uninstall the toolbar from Add/Remove Programs.

You will not have two copies of the toolbar, as the new install overwrites the old one.

Reinstalling programs which fail to uninstall in this way is common practice.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

SiraUlo

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:52 AM »
if you can't uninstall it, try right clik navigation bar and if its listed on the drop down menu, uncheck it. it won't uninstall but at least gives you a little room of your screen. good luck. 8)

mauserme

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »

topaze

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »
Hello all for your replies-

Bravo I have removed this Yahoo toolbar now!

By reinstalling it  again ,and then go to control panel,where I can remove it whithout problem.(and erased now from the listening programs)-I will keep this in mind.

:)Thank you so much for helping me and good weekend-

Topaze.

Gene J

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »

mauserme

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
No problem, Gene.