Author Topic: need some help with boot time scan  (Read 6899 times)

relm

need some help with boot time scan
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:13:29 PM »
hello
          need some help with this, about once a month i like to do a boot time scan. now every time i schedule a boot time scan the screen remains blank and the blue screen doesn't load.  although i think it's doing the scan because if i hit esc it boots up as normal.the only thing different on PC from last scan is the keyboard which is logitech G15 gaming keyboard.
if any one can help would be appreciated. ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: need some help with boot time scan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:37:37 PM »
I would try it with your old keyboard if that works, you may need to ensure your BIOS enables the use of USB devises at boot and not wait for windows to load. You will probably have to use your old keyboard to interrupt the boot (keep pecking the delete or F1 keys during boot) and get into the BIOS set-up, sorry I can' say where this option is, but I would look at the Peripherals section first.

Although having said that even without USB keyboard support you should still see the boot scan in progress but be unable to use the keyboard to select any option. Also your mention of using the escape key, might indicate the keyboard is supported at boot.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:39:41 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:07:09 PM »
Does this keyboard is an USB keyboard?
Hmmm... but it shouldn't affect the display (blank...).
The best things in life are free.

relm

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 10:34:23 PM »
Does this keyboard is an USB keyboard?
Hmmm... but it shouldn't affect the display (blank...).
yes it's USB thats why i did not understand the first reply because my old keyboard was USB.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 11:07:44 PM »
Which is why I made the comment that it shouldn't effect the display of the boot scans progress in my edit.

Did you try the old keyboard ?
What is your screen, TFT/CRT make, is it the same as before ?
Some TFT screens have an auto setup button, I have on mine (Philips 20.1" TFT) and that was able to adjust my scree for pre boot applications also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

relm

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »
Which is why I made the comment that it shouldn't effect the display of the boot scans progress in my edit.

Did you try the old keyboard ?
What is your screen, TFT/CRT make, is it the same as before ?
Some TFT screens have an auto setup button, I have on mine (Philips 20.1" TFT) and that was able to adjust my scree for pre boot applications also.
CRT monitor, the only thing thats changed on my PC since last month is the keyboard and the software that came with it logitech g series keyboard profiler. it does the same with the old keyboard blank screen but the HD sounds as if it is being scanned and I've always been able to hit ESC to abort the boot scan.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 12:05:10 AM »
Did you configure the "boot process" anyhow? Installed a custom boot logo, for example?
What operating system do you have?

relm

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »
Did you configure the "boot process" anyhow? Installed a custom boot logo, for example?
What operating system do you have?

nothing has been configured or changed as far as I'm aware that is and I'm running xp home