Author Topic: Website blocked by Avast  (Read 976 times)

Offline krisnelson

Website blocked by Avast
« on: May 16, 2021, 08:38:18 PM »
On May 12, 2021 one of our websites was blocked by Avast as a phishing site.  I performed multiple tests on the website - all clean, except this one Avast issue.  I made a report that we believed the site was being blocked in error.

Unfortunately two of our employees had installed Avast Antivirus software on their computers which prevented them from accessing the website which they needed in order to work.

I was not able to reach anyone other than your sales department.  There was no explanation or assistance offered and I was told that absolutely none was available.

We had to jump through all kinds of hoops in order to remove the software from the employees computers.  Once the software was removed, they were able to get back to work.

I filed a report as instructed on your web site.  Your site said that it may take up to 48 hours to resolve this issue.  It has been four days or 96 hours - I have not heard anything from anyone at your organization.

We solved our immediate problem by removing your product but I want to make sure this is corrected because if visitors are prevented from accessing our website because of your incorrect designation it will have a substantial negative impact on our business and our revenue.

Please advise.

Kris

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Website blocked by Avast
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »
Pretty hard to investigate with on domain name given or the test carried out.

You can use the - Reporting Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security