Author Topic: Mydoom C???  (Read 3802 times)

bigguy

Mydoom C???
« on: February 12, 2004, 05:40:16 AM »
I went to MSN.com and tested my computer for the mydoom viruses using the DOS command line, The only one that showed up was the MYDOOM C variant. According to Microsoft, If you find the file internat.exe listed you have the virus. I downloaded the avast version of the worm removal tool and ran it. It did not find anything. I also downloaded the microsoft removal tool and it did not find it either. Any help would be appreciated. I run Win ME and I shut down my avast and my firewall when I ran the removal tool.  

Culpeper

Re:Mydoom C???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 06:32:24 AM »
Try the online scanner from TrendMicro Housecall .

Pavel Baudis

Re:Mydoom C???
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 08:47:26 AM »
I went to MSN.com and tested my computer for the mydoom viruses using the DOS command line, The only one that showed up was the MYDOOM C variant. According to Microsoft, If you find the file internat.exe listed you have the virus.

There is no such thing as Mydoom-C. The thing which media calls by this name is actually completely different virus. It does not spread via email or P2P, only via the backdoor installed by Mydoom-A worm. This worm is called Doomjuice by all AV companies, including avast! which detects it since Monday.

The internat.exe is valid Windows application. The name used by Doomjuice is intrenat.exe (some letters swapped)

hope this helps
Pavel