Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 3599 times)

ozzijan

What does this mean?
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
OK, I admit it, I'm a born panicker but this just popped up.
What should I do?
Recommended Software: WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 Internet Security Center     

INCLUDES:
Why install several different programs on your computer, when you can solve all your daily issues like viruses and popups with ONE single amazing solution?

WinAntiVirus Pro 2007 combines the best tools to provide an extra powerful barrier against Internet threats.

WinAntiVirus
Our Top Rated AntiVirus Solution. Cleans all known viruses and worms.

WinFireWall
One of our top sellers. It`s really easy to use and at the same time very effective at keeping intruders at bay.

WinAntiSpyware
Developed as the most efficient spyware cleaner with realtime protection.

WinPopupGuard
World's leading software application to stop popups.

WARNING: YOUR CURRENT ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION IS NOT EFFECTIVE!
Your system is currently sending private information and documents to a remote computer. One of these processes (Win32res.exe) has just sent us the following information:
- \Windows\System32
- \Program Files\Internet Explorer
- \My Documents
- Drive C:\ files
Click here to download official intrusion detection system (IDS software) and SCAN FOR FREE!

WARNING: YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION IS EXPOSED
Your IP address: 58.179.64.98

Your Country: Australia, Sydney 

Your Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; America Online Browser 1.1; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Primus-AOL)

Your Operation System: Windows XP

System Security Status: CAUTION

Time of investigation: Thursday 22nd of March 2007 08:40:33 AM 

SUGGESTED SOLUTION
 Download and install one of the following Internet Security Center approved products:
WinAntiVirus Pro 2007
• Over 40,000 viruses in the database
• Exclusive cleaning algorythm
• Eliminates Viruses and Trojans
• Manual / automatic update system
• Built-in Instant firewall detecting network threats and PC protection holes.
• FREE Expert Technical Support available 24/7

WinAntiSpyware 2006
• Daily updated threat databases
• Intelligent threat scanner
• Application advanced firewall
• IE security improvements
• Advanced system security features
• FREE Expert Technical Support available 24/7

???

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:11:41 PM »
It is a scam, you appear to be suffering from a rogue software.

If you can capture a screenshot of it and post that.

A new tool RogueRemover, available here http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

A sample of the targets
Ads Alert, Adware Bazooka, Adware Filter, Adware Punisher, AdwareDelete, AdwarePatrol, AdwareRemover, AdwareSheriff, AdwareSpy, AlertSpy, AlfaCleaner, Anti Virus Pro, AntiSpyware Soldier, AntiVermins, AntiVirus Golden, BraveSentry, CleanX, Doctor Adware, Doctor Adware Pro, Easy Spyware Killer, ETD Security Scanner, HitVirus, KillAndClean, KillSpy, PAL Spyware Remover, PestBot, PestCapture, PestTrap, RazeSpyware, RebrandSoft AdwareSpyware Remover, Remedy AntiSpy, Spy Defence, Spy iBlock, Spy-Kill, SpyAxe, SpyCut, SpyDeface, SpyDestroy Pro, SpyFalcon, SpyHeal, Spyinator, SpyLax, SpyNoMore, SpySheriff, SpyTrooper, Spyware Disinfector, Spyware Quake, Spyware Remover (SpyAdvanced), Spyware Stormer, SpywareBot, SpywareCleaner, SpywareStrike, SpywareThis, SystemDoctor 2006, The Spy Guard, TitanShield AntiSpyware, Ultimate Defender, VirusBlast, VirusBurst, WinAntiSpyware 2006, WinAntiVirus 2006 

Full list here http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover_history.php
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ozzijan

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »
Thanks David

This is all I need at midnight here ;D

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by 'Take a screenshot of it and post that'?

Thanks for the site but it says download for free, is it free because $14.95 is showing for Rogue Remover Pro. There are 4 locations for downloading too, which one is preferable?

Is it really necessary to download this software?

Thanks for your patience  !!!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »
When the pop-up alert occurs it should be active so you could press the Alt+Print Screen keys together that copies the image into the clipboard. If you have an image editor (or MS Paint) past it into the program and save the image as a .jpg or .gif image file. This can be uploaded to the forum and attached to a post. See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=8982.0, freeware WinSnap screen capture - http://www.ntwind.com/software/winsnap.html.

The RogueRemover Pro is different and is a paid for option, on that page it shows 'Try the RogueRemover Pro free' and give a link to a different page. The other links on the page link I gave you are fro the freeware version. It doesn't really matter what download link you use, it is just spreading the load. I have used MajorGeeks before for other downloads and given a choice I would use that.

If you don't download the RogueRemover software you will continue to have these scan alert pop-ups and this is the quickest and easiest way of riding your system of it, certainly that I know of.

For your future protection, If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it, periodically.
1. Ewido, a.k.a. avg anti-spyware If using winXP. or a-Squared free if using win98/ME.
2. Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition
3. Spywareblaster Don't install this until you are clean.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD - 27" external monitor 1440p 2560x1440 resolution - avast! free  24.9.6130 (build 24.9.9452.762) UI 1.0.818/ Firefox, uBlock Origin Lite, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security