Author Topic: avast interface screen  (Read 4305 times)

BURTON

avast interface screen
« on: February 13, 2004, 09:36:03 AM »
My avast antivirus software works fine but I have one small problem in that when I have done a scan on my PC the information part labelled 'Last scan-not done yet' is always showing whether I have done a scan or not. Please could you explain why this is? Also the VDRB is showing not done yet aswell? Do I have to change any settings?

Thanks.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:avast interface screen
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 04:21:58 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

BURTON

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 07:59:03 PM »
Hello again,

I have done a thorough scan of my PC. it took ages but we finally got there and yes I have now got a date for date of last scan but the VDRB is still showing as not yet done. Am I right in saying that if your just select quick or standard scan that the date will not show and do you haveto select all folders and removable media? as this is what I did. How do I get VDRB to show a date. The shortcut that you gave me was of no help at all.

Thanks

stevejrc

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 08:43:52 PM »
Run VRDB by right clicking Avast Icon, then got to "VRDB", then "Generate VRDB now!". Then also set it to either screen saver or idle.

VRDB may take over hour+ depends how big your drives are. Mines only 13gb and takes about 10-20mins.

The dates just tell you the last time you have actually Run it. For reference purposes only.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 08:44:34 PM by stevejrc »

BURTON

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2004, 12:08:54 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

I have now loaded up the info screen and the VDRB is showing as updated with a date & time.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 12:09:51 AM by BURTON »