Author Topic: TheBat --> Entry in sourcecode  (Read 3367 times)

ReinhardW

TheBat --> Entry in sourcecode
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:25:34 PM »
Hello

I am using TheBat(3.x) together with the plugin from Avast. OK-plugin is well installed and it seems it works.

But my questionis this:

Is it possible to make an entry in the sourcecode of my email (incoming and outgoing emails), so that I and my email-partner can see that the mail was checked from avast or not?
Or is it possible to make it visible by another way?

The only statement for the work of avast are the entries in the "AvBatEx.log". But i can´t compare this with my currently mails by it self. (there are only data of tmp files)

Thank you for your kindly support

Reinhard

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: TheBat --> Entry in sourcecode
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:47 PM »
Is it possible to make an entry in the sourcecode of my email (incoming and outgoing emails), so that I and my email-partner can see that the mail was checked from avast or not?
Is your email header with the lines X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS XXXXXX-X, XX/XX/2007), Inbound message and X-Antivirus-Status: Clean? (Right click the message, choose Properties and Details)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »
I'm afraid TheBat plugin doesn't make it possible to include antivirus notes into the message.
You may try to disable TheBat plugin, and use the avast! Internet Mail provider instead; that's the only solution I can think of...

housi

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »
Why not use this way?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:24 PM »
That is what Igor suggested, but personally I would do without the Internet Mail and continue with The Bat plug-in. I think that the insert clean note into clean messages is of little value.

I don't trust any note that states that 'this email has been scanned by X anti-virus,' avast scans all emails and many other AVs would also scan all emails regardless of origin or if it had been scanned, assuming it could determine that. Yes it may give a warm fuzzy feeling but it doesn't mean anything, there are even malicious emails doing the rounds that have a similar note that this email has been scanned by X anti-virus, don't take anything at face value.

The integration of the avast plug-in in The Bat is much more useful than any clean note, it allows for the scanning of secure email, something that the Internet Mail provider can't do without a 3rd party interface like STunnel.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

housi

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »
I'm using the TB!-plug-in and I could insert the avast-message if I would. But I agree that the message is not useful, because I could write such a message manually without any scaning!