Author Topic: Transfer Avast password to new laptop  (Read 9967 times)

Offline Ans5

Transfer Avast password to new laptop
« on: May 19, 2021, 08:11:15 PM »
hello, I bought a new laptop and would also like to use Avast password on it.
Unfortunately Password is no longer visible on my laptop

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Transfer Avast password to new laptop
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »
Hi,

Please try the following.
1. Open Avast Antivirus
2. Click on Menu >Settings > General > Troubleshooting > ADD/MODIFY COMPONENTS
3. Make sure that Passwords (old) is selected
4. Click on CHANGE
5. Restart Windows

Once Avast Passwords has been installed, you can synchronize your devices.
​​​​​​​Please see this guide https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/255/

Offline Ans5

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
I managed to install the app on my laptop. But I can't open it with the password I use on my old computer and on my phone. When I enter a username and password on a website, the app asks if I want to save them. But I can't use the application to insert username or password

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:30:28 PM »
I managed to install the app on my laptop. But I can't open it with the password I use on my old computer and on my phone. When I enter a username and password on a website, the app asks if I want to save them. But I can't use the application to insert username or password

Hi,

When you say "can't open it with the password", are you referring to your Master Password? If so, then you would have to set up a new Master Password since it is not linked to your other devices and it does not have to be.
Could you perhaps add a screenshot (without revealing personal information) of what you currently see with Avast Passwords?
Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline Ans5

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »
I am indeed referring to the "Main password". I have changed this password on my computer. but now I have to log in on my phone and tablet with the old password, on my computer with the new password and on my laptop I still can't log in. When I open the app, I can't get past the login screen. All my devices are synced as shown in the attachment. Help, how do I get a solution?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 05:47:28 PM by r@vast »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »
I am indeed referring to the "Main password". I have changed this password on my computer. but now I have to log in on my phone and tablet with the old password, on my computer with the new password and on my laptop I still can't log in. When I open the app, I can't get past the login screen. All my devices are synced as shown in the attachment. Help, how do I get a solution?

Hi,

Can you please post a screenshot of "When I open the app, I can't get past the login screen"

Offline Ans5

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 02:15:41 PM »
I hope my English is not to bad?

Here are three screenshots. The first is created from a page in Edge. If a create a new account for a website, the app will ask if it should save this (see screenshot "opslaan"). But when I look in the app Password on my phone, I can't find the saved password. The last screenshot was taken from a page in Chrome. Here I completely miss the possibility to enter the master password.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:02:19 PM by r@vast »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 03:20:03 PM »
Hi,

Based on the screenshots, Avast Passwords is locked.
To unlock it, you need to enter the Master Password. (it is only valid on the device on which you set it up - it does not have to be the same Master Password as e.g. your phone, unless you decide to make it the same)
If you do not remember the Master Password then you can reset Avast Passwords to create a new Master Password. Please follow these steps:
Open Avast > Privacy > Passwords > Settings (when locked) > "Reset Avast Passwords and delete my data"

Offline Ans5

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 04:13:51 PM »
Thanks r@vast, that was the solution to my problem.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 04:19:10 PM »
Thanks r@vast, that was the solution to my problem.

Thank you for the confirmation.

Offline tipier

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 11:05:04 PM »
Thank you ! You solved my problem too.