Author Topic: avast! very very good!!!  (Read 13280 times)

icerain

avast! very very good!!!
« on: March 29, 2007, 03:41:32 AM »
avast!    very very good!!! 

mauserme

Re: avast! very very good!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 03:42:58 AM »
yep  ;)

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »
no argument from me!  8)
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:21:59 AM »

Yes Yes YES  ;D
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline BJ_GeOrgE

• Avast Evangelist
  • prevention is better than cure
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
no doubts on that.. ;)
Antivirus: Avast Free v8.0.1497/Firewall: Windows Firewall/On Demand: Malwarebytes Free Edition/Other tools: CCleaner

Will91

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
At work I have a whole team to worry about pc security but with my home pc, I am on my own.  When I read about Avast! Home as a great FREE choice in Consumer Reports a few months ago, I thought "Avast ??, I've NEVER heard of them!"  Quite honestly I was reluctant to try anything than the ones commonly seen already loaded on new pc's, electronic stores, etc such as McAfee, Norton, etc.  BUT, I have been very happy with Avast and what I think is really remarkable about this program and the company is this forum!  There are so many generous and knowledgeable people here - both users and folks from Avast.  I have had questions about Avast late at night, post a question, and I have often received a response in minutes!  I really appreciate this and don't think you would find this level of support and generosity from the other "big" AV companies.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:38:25 PM by Will91 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »
what I think is really remarkable about this program and the company is this forum!
You've discovered us... we're here for the same reason 8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline BJ_GeOrgE

• Avast Evangelist
  • prevention is better than cure
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 11:43:01 PM »
At work I have a whole team to worry about pc security but with my home pc, I am on my own.  When I read about Avast! Home as a great FREE choice in Consumer Reports a few months ago, I thought "Avast ??, I've NEVER heard of them!"  Quite honestly I was reluctant to try anything than the ones commonly seen already loaded on new pc's, electronic stores, etc such as McAfee, Norton, etc.  BUT, I have been very happy with Avast and what I think is really remarkable about this program and the company is this forum!  There are so many generous and knowledgeable people here - both users and folks from Avast.  I have had questions about Avast late at night, post a question, and I have often received a response in minutes!  I really appreciate this and don't think you would find this level of support and generosity from the other "big" AV companies.

i totally aggree with u..Avast is a first-class AV and the forum support is something more than perfect.. ;)
Antivirus: Avast Free v8.0.1497/Firewall: Windows Firewall/On Demand: Malwarebytes Free Edition/Other tools: CCleaner

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 11:50:31 PM »
The best I've found. :)
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 07:43:56 AM »
Will91 wrote:

I can testify from personal experience the support for either of the two you have mentioned does not compare to the very knowledge support you recieve on this forum.  In the past I have used McAfee for just over 2 years and Norton for 4½ years. My experience from either of these AV applications as far as support is that there is very often a 2-3 day wait by email to questions for the most part and I actually found that Norton would end up taking even months by the time you would get a helpful or knowledgable answer to your problem. Furthermore as far as Norton is concerned on more than one occassion beyond taking many weeks trying to get a knowledgable answer the issue was actually NEVER resolved by support, leaving me to work around the problem myself.

Avast is a very flexible AV program with so very many options available to the user which makes it very adaptable to whatever a user would want the application to perform and is relatively stable as far as functionality.  Beyond this however, it was this really great forum which really sold me on the application.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 07:48:09 AM by lakrsrool »
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »
Yes ! I'm totally agree with all of you, cause as a matter of fact in years of searching, I could not find any other FREE AV Product with so many levels of defense. More over it's the only free AV that provides me with web traffic scanning 8) ;)

jurppis

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 11:17:45 PM »
Yes avast is good, no more very hevy running F-secure, nice skins and indgerible sounds and it found better malware tahn other

gin long

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 07:53:29 AM »
Avast is the best antivirus program. It is not only running in a low memory but can detect all kind of viruses

Joey Dalton

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 06:42:35 PM »
Avast will be the "last" program that I would remove from my PC.
The forum is excellent and the support perfect.

Joey