Author Topic: Teamspeak trouble  (Read 6455 times)

AnimeFanatic7

Teamspeak trouble
« on: March 28, 2007, 06:28:21 AM »
I'm a long time aVast! user but I'm new to Teamspeak. Needless to say, I've been having trouble with it. I haven't been able to connect to ANY server. I tried their FAQ and it said it might be a firewall issue. I tried stopping coverage briefly and then trying to connect, but there was no apparent change. I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions about how I can fix this. Thanks.  :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Teamspeak trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »
Well firstly avast isn't a firewall so isn't designed to block, the Web Shield only monitors inbound http (port 80) traffic and alerts to infected content but doesn't block unless you set it up to do so in the URL Blocking of Web Shield. What is your firewall ?

I didn't know anything about Teamspeak other than a quick google search, which tells me it is VOIP and I don't believe avast monitors that traffic as it uses a different http port when you use the web-interface.

This would appear to be something other than avast as your test with avast disabled would tend to confirm. I don't know which elements of avast you disabled/terminated (paused may not be enough), but the Network Shield and Web Shield are the only two providers that relate in any way to internet traffic.

I assume this is the FAQ you were looking at, http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=faq&id=4&item=16
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AnimeFanatic7

Thanks for your help
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:55:13 PM »
Well, thanks anyway for your time and advice, and yes, that is the FAQ I was looking at. I think my firewall may be Windows Defender, but I'm not sure. I'll let you know if I find out anything else. I'd appreciate if you would do the same, but only if it's not too much trouble. Thanks again.

Alex A.

P.S. Please don't waste too much time looking, and only if you're not busy and have nothing better to do.  :)

cogadh

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:24:28 AM »
Are you using a NAT router? If so, you probably need to forward ports 8767 UDP, 14534 TCP and 51234 TCP to the PC you are using Teamspeak on.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 12:32:10 AM by cogadh »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:51:21 AM »
I think my firewall may be Windows Defender, but I'm not sure.

Windows Defender as far as I'm aware is an anti-spyware/malware and doesn't have any firewall capability.

You could check your My Computer (double click the desktop icon), click the Control Panel in Other Places, now double click on the Security Center and that will show you what firewall is enabled (see image, click to enlarge).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security