Author Topic: Subscription help  (Read 746 times)

Offline DPX

Subscription help
« on: May 22, 2021, 07:29:37 PM »
I have a three year subscription that's going to be up in 23 days. I'd like to CHANGE how many years I resubscribe for (i.e. I want to change my 3-year sub to a 1-year sub) and I need to change the credit card it'll use. I need to do all of this soon because apparently Avast is going to auto-resubscribe and auto-bill.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to edit my payment or the subscription plan. I've logged in and look in Avast itself and my account on the website. There are NO options to change anything related to subscription terms or payment methods, which is absolutely insane.

So what I need to know is HOW do I change the length of my subscription and the method of payment BEFORE I get auto-resubscribed and auto-billed.

Please DO NOT link me to ANY page detailing instructions because I have exhaustively looked and the closest any help page comes is to tell me how to cancel my subscription.

TLDR: I need to change my subscription terms and payment methods, but I can't find a way to do that through my account. I need to know how to do this soon.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Subscription help
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 08:04:46 PM »
Help is a two way street, if you don't tell us what you have tried, how is anyone to suggest something you might not have tried.

Based on your actual question, then this would be a choice, but I don't know if you have tried that as you don't say.

So here goes:
Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.  Here you can say you wish to change the license period from 3 years upon renewal to one year.

Personally I cancel the auto renewal for the three year license and let it expire.  Then create a new order for one year, this presumably would allow you to give a new payment method.  However you may also be able to change this in the previous support link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security