Author Topic: Avast anti-spam add-on and tool bar have disappeared with the latest update  (Read 1702 times)

Offline spudd57

Avast anti-spam add-on and tool bar have disappeared with the latest update, Avast AV: 21.4 (21.4.2464).

Up until today, with this new update, I had the anti spam tool bar in my MS outlook mail client.

Not happy about this... I felt more secure with it and I prefered to have the option to white or black list.
how can I be assured I am protected from spam.   :'(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 01:09:44 PM by spudd57 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

The anti-spam feature was discontinued a while back.
It is mentioned here: https://forum.avast.com/?topic=235969.msg1555591#msg1555591
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Offline images

I have been using Avast Premium in Windows XP. I know that there is no direct support for Windows XP, but still, signatures are being updated in XP. Regardless, 4 days ago I noticed that all the anti-spam e-mails that used to be filtered in Outlook were not being filtered anymore, went to the settings in Avast (XP) and noticed that the Anti-Spam feature is no longer showing up in the list of configurable components (XP). This happened as of today 2021/11/22, when 4 days ago it was working.

Is this a special patch that was transmitted to Avast Premium for Windows XP? as far as I know the last update to Avast for XP was done back in 2018, or there is another explanation for what just happened to my XP?

Note that I also have several other systems (Windows 10) and I have been very aware that Avast Premium is supported in Windows 10, but Anti-Spam is not available for Avast in Windows 10, and that has been like that since I installed Avast almost a year ago, but in Windows XP I have always had anti-spam, and the version in XP is not the same as the Windows 10 version, and it has not been updated nor there is any new version available for XP... so any idea how did the Anti Spam component disappeared all-together from Avast in XP since there has not been any updates for Windows XP since 2018?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0