Author Topic: Avast and winxp no mail wizard  (Read 2691 times)

gypsy

Avast and winxp no mail wizard
« on: February 10, 2004, 06:04:37 PM »
Hi, LAvast HOme----I have 2 adminstrator accounts.  Each email account with a different account name  ex( jdoe@primus.ca and Mary@primus.ca  but they use the same pop3 and smtp name.  I install Avast on one account- I do not have a mail wizard icon to configure email anyway   I put in the licence key.I log out go to the other account and a window pops up there is no licence key.Im protected on one user and not the other user its not working on the user at all.
What is wrong could someone help me.

techie101

Re:Avast and winxp no mail wizard
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 08:26:44 PM »
gypsy,

Firstly, if you are using Avast Home, one of the administrator accounts must be marked as the default account in your email client.  This is the one to which Avast will look for its' configuration settings.
There is no Mail Protection Wizard icon.  The function is in the Avast folder in the Start/Programs/Avast.

When you run it, check off Protect all my accounts.  This should take care of the secondary account.

Problems....let me know.
I will need to then have the name of your ISP and email client.
Also the version and build of Avast which you will find if you right click on the A ball in the tray and select About Avast.

Good luck
techie101