Author Topic: The Bat! plugin?  (Read 3478 times)

newswatcher

The Bat! plugin?
« on: February 14, 2004, 10:53:54 PM »
I have the Home Edition and would like to know just why The Bat! is not supported (per my installation procedure)? The Bat! email name was not checked nor could it be checked? Is this only available in the "Pro" edition; if so, why wasn't that made clear when I went to the "Home Edition" page for info (where it showed The Bat! as being included for protection)?

As a new user: I am quite alarmed to see many topics in this forum which pertain to CMD lines and adding things to Startup, etc. I realize Avast is not Norton or McAfee (yuk!) but at least they can easily scan on boot!

Thanks!

Edit:

Your info: Home Edition 342

Version 4.1.342
January 29, 2004

fixed the Internet Mail provider to work correctly with Eudora
fixed a slight problem in the Mail Protection Wizard related to setting of Outlook Express outbound mail
solved the problem with Volume Shadow Copies under Windows XP
Windows 2000/XP machines should now shut down faster
solved seldom problems with the resident scanner password
the command-line scanner now correctly saves sessions when working with tasks
>>removed seldom crashes in TheBat! plugin
added console program ashUpd.exe used for manual updating (not localized)
solved error message 'File is not packed' when working with packed viruses
solved problems with repetitive boot-time scanning

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 11:05:01 PM by newswatcher »

Culpeper

Re:The Bat! plugin?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 12:36:30 AM »
Check your Add/Remove programs in Control Panel and open the Avast program from there and check that the Bat plugin is activated.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 12:38:14 AM by Culpeper »

Dirigo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 06:39:34 AM »
Hey Culpepper!

I just happen to stumble across this thread ... I used the Bat! also, so I did the Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs thing.  I did a double click on avast! AntiVirus, then plodded through via selecting the Change option, then Next button.  Lo and behold or "shiver me timbers" the Configuration display came up!  The Bat! was listed under the columnar heading of Resident Protection, but its box had a "red x", sooooo ... I checked the box and made the change.  Now hopefully this means The Bat! and its emails are being protected!  Yes, it is the Home Edition that I have.

Assuming "all is good" ... I thank you for your info and ... am glad I stumbled across this one!

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 05:52:26 AM »
Aye!