Author Topic: Does anyone know if Webroot SpySweeper is compatible with Avast?  (Read 4172 times)

Will91

Hi all:

I have been using SuperAntiSpySpyware along with Avast and Comodo Firewall for my security suite.  Both SAS and Comodo were recommendations by members of this forum.   :)  I was thinking of purchasing Webroot Window Washer since for some reason going through Tools/Internet Options on Internet Explorer really doesn't seem to eliminate cookies, history, temp files, auto-complete, etc. which I don't understand at all. 

Window Washer is also available bundled with Webroot's SpySweeper.  I'm not sure if it is a resident real-time spyware program (which I understand could interfere with Avast).

Does anyone have experience with Webroot SpySweeper particularly in regards to any conflicts with Avast?.  I believe I have read on this forum it is OK and even recommended to have more than one spyware program, correct?

Re: Does anyone know if Webroot SpySweeper is compatible with Avast?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:37:40 AM »
Hi Will! I have used spysweeper + Avast for some time , & had no problems with it. So it's work good together.

Will91

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »
Thanks Avatar2005.

Is SpySweeper a "real-time" spyware monitor or "on demand"?  Would it be OK to have it on my pc along with SuperAntiSpyWare?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 08:01:29 PM »
Is SpySweeper a "real-time" spyware monitor or "on demand"?
As far I know, a real-time (on-access) one. But you can disable the resident part.

Would it be OK to have it on my pc along with SuperAntiSpyWare?
The free SuperAntiSpyWare does not have a resident, so if you're using it, no trouble.
The best things in life are free.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:59 PM »
Thanks Avatar2005.
You're wellcome