Author Topic: Avast premium security and MS Outlook ANTI-SPAM removed!  (Read 861 times)

Offline spudd57

Avast premium security and MS Outlook ANTI-SPAM removed!
« on: May 29, 2021, 02:02:38 AM »
I contacted support and was told that the anti- spam option has been removed! why?
I had the Anti-Spam tool bar in my MSOutlook up until this new update :'(

They say it has been removed as it has no value to users.... who decided this? it has value to me and many others.
I did not see a poll regarding this and so do I have to VOTE USING MY FEET?

I went to forums and found that the anti-spam option remains for business users!
This appears to discriminate against Avast private paid users. See attached:

Avast has to provide a patch to offer the anti-spam option in your new version.

I use MS Outlook as my mail client and want that Antispam Tool bar, email servers filters are not always reliable. I want my antivirus to provide this option as before.

I have had Avast premium ( formerly Avast internet security, etc.)  as my anti-virus software for many many years.
I was happy with Avast, however, now I am not sure I will renew my subscription when it comes up soon. ( I have already disabled the reoccurring payment option in my Pay Pal account).

And so, as stated in my last emails to support, I may look for another option for my security.
It might be better value for me to find another paid anti-virus which may have better value; (or a free antivirus and a paid anti-spam software). In any case, for the first time  in many many years, Avast has driven me to start researching other options

And so, I would appreciate that the anti-spam option is returned to avast premium.

Regards
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 02:09:42 AM by spudd57 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast premium security and MS Outlook ANTI-SPAM removed!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 03:30:39 AM »
Posting this in multiple topics isn't going to change this.

All this does is generate duplicate responses.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline spudd57

Re: Avast premium security and MS Outlook ANTI-SPAM removed!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:34:49 AM »
Ok.
Just very dissapointed and frustrated.
I wll no longer pursue this issue. As my request from Avast will more than likely be ignored.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 04:12:06 AM by spudd57 »