Author Topic: Avast e-Mail Virus Message - what to do?  (Read 2386 times)

billszy

Avast e-Mail Virus Message - what to do?
« on: April 10, 2007, 02:14:27 AM »
Avast tells me that outgoing e-mail in Outlook has potential viruses....but it doesn't let me do anything about it other than send or not send the messages.

I can't currently send e-mail if i assume the messages are infected.  All messages outgoing are tagged as potentially infected.

What do I do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast e-Mail Virus Message - what to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:48:14 AM »
Can you post the complete text or post a screenshot of the alert.

Is this MS Outlook (not express) ?

This looks like a heuristic detection and that should have also indicated why it was suspicious (not potentially a virus), the Heuristic settings can be modified, etc.
What is the sensitivity setting of either Internet Mail (outlook express) or Outlook/Exchange (MS Outlook) ?

If you can answer the above hopefully someone else wil pick up on this as I'm about to call it a night, almost 2 a.m. here.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast e-Mail Virus Message - what to do?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:59:26 AM »
I can't currently send e-mail if i assume the messages are infected.  All messages outgoing are tagged as potentially infected.
What do I do?
Did you run a full scanning with avast?
Can you schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot. Other option is scanning in SafeMode (repeatedly press F8 while booting).

It will be good if you download, install, update and run other trojan remover tools: a-squared and/or Free AVG Antispyware (trojan removers). Some users recommend SUPERantispyware or Spyware Terminator.
The best things in life are free.