Author Topic: Win32.mIRC.62 need help :(  (Read 56553 times)

bug_master

Re: Win32.mIRC.62 need help :(
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »
It's a clean file from Comodo. If you delete, you won't harm your system but, if you keep them, no trouble too. It has a backup of your boot configurations.

Thanx  :)

What should I do with my other problem  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »
Btw after using ComboFix I tried to use my desktop shortcut to wikipedia.org but I got this: Windows cannot find 'http://wikipedia.org/'.
Try a shortcut to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
The best things in life are free.

bug_master

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2007, 08:04:35 PM »
Doesn't help  :-\

mauserme

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2007, 09:26:55 PM »
If you click the link you posted does it go the web page?

http://wikipedia.org/

bug_master

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2007, 10:11:37 PM »
If you click the link you posted does it go the web page?

http://wikipedia.org/

Yes, I have the problem only with shortcuts  ???

I also saw something strange lately.
When I click on My Documents it always opens as icons even when I make them tiles after time they switch back again  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »
When I click on My Documents it always opens as icons even when I make them tiles after time they switch back again  ???
Close your Windows Explorer with the left mouse button AND the key 'CRTL' being pressed...

mauserme

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 01:25:15 AM »
Yes, I have the problem only with shortcuts  ???
Seems like its more likely related to the firewall than to ComboFix.  I mean, even if combofix was capable of changing this type of link it didn't actually change anything on your computer (other than making an empty qoobox folder).

What is your default browser (this may differ from the one you most commonly  use)?  Is it allowed an internet connection in Comodo?

bug_master

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 10:36:10 AM »
I used Opera for couple of days but I returned to Internet Explorer, after that when I click on any internet shortcut it asked me with which program to open the web page.
After I used ComboFix it stopped asking me and only showed the error  ???
Today I found that IE is not my default browser and after making it I think the problem is gone.
But when I click on the shortcut the page doesn't open in a new window but uses the page I have already opened, how can I fix that  ???

mauserme

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »
Open Internet Explorer
Click Tools > Internet Options... > Advanced tab
Remove the checkmark next to Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts
Click Apply > OK

EDIT: While you're in the Internet Explorer tools click on the Privacy Tab > Advanced button.  Put a check mark next to Overide  Automatic Cookie Handling and click in the radio button to Block Third Party Cookies.  Then OK your way out.  This may help with the Tagasaur cookie you mentioned earlier (it it doesn't then its coming from a site you're actully visiting).

Also, since I posted the link to update Java, Version 6 Update 1 has been added.  You should revisit that site and update again.  Don't forget to uninstall the old version.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 05:33:53 PM by mauserme »

bug_master

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »
Thanks again  :D

Close your Windows Explorer with the left mouse button AND the key 'CRTL' being pressed...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:09 PM »
Are you using CCleaner or any other cleaner tool that remove windows (of windows explorer) settings?
Did you try Windows Explorer > Tools > Options > Folder options to keep the changes?

bug_master

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
I have never used such programs.

I tried everything in folder options  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2007, 03:47:19 PM »
I tried everything in folder options  ???
But did you try correctly, what you should, to save the folder options (view and sort) to all folders? The buttons are in the superior part of the window.

bug_master

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
But did you try correctly, what you should, to save the folder options (view and sort) to all folders? The buttons are in the superior part of the window.

Tried it  :'(

Btw I don't have any cookie problems since mauserme told me what to do (thanks man  :D) but I was using only Spybot until some days ago when I installed Ad-aware SE Personal and when I ran a check with Ad-aware it showed me that I have about 52 cookies tag 3.
Can I fix them all or should I be carefull?

mauserme

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »
Its OK to delete cookies since they are recreated whenever you visit a web site.  I usually clear all my cookies + temporary internet files at the end of every browsing session.