Author Topic: Avast! Home not starting until system is runnning?  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast! Home not starting until system is runnning?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 02:48:09 AM »
Doesn't the red circle mean that some part of Avast! isnt running yet?  Even if the main component driver is fine and running.
No. The icon is an interface, not protection. The protection is on, running ok. You're not even being paranoid, you're just wrong. You're messing interface with protection.

Is there anyway to get Avast! to load before I log in?
It's there: at low level (driver) protection.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 03:19:38 AM »
Is there anyway to get Avast! to load before I log in? 

As Tech mentioned it does load as windows starts before you get the Log in screen, however the beta version is also trying to achieve just that as Vlk mentioned earlier in the Topic..

If avast still starts slowly on your system I'd suggest trying out the new BETA - it should be starting much earlier during the boot process.
More info here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=27439.0

Cheers
Vlk
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

hyjaxltd

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 07:26:44 AM »
thnx tech and vlk and all others who help those trying to understand.  just downloaded new ver. and seems to be correcting problem.  will let you all know if i experience any difficulties.  lil off topic, was wondering if there are any ways for discount for upgrading to pro version?

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 07:34:48 AM »
I think they made sure the icon loads without the red circle ... to shut us all up

Just kidding ...

... I think.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »
I think they made sure the icon loads without the red circle ... to shut us all up

Actually, not. The PROTECTION indeed starts earlier in the boot process in the new version (even before the initial desktop appears).

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 12:38:12 PM »
Vlk,

you know I trust you guys ... don't you?  (Except when it comes to that fix you promised for iframe in email  ... years ago). 

news

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »
VLK says....
The PROTECTION indeed starts earlier in the boot process in the new version (even before the initial desktop appears).

Thanks so much for this information. Great to know so much interest is being taken in this software. I like it and am slowly but surely getting to know it a little better each day.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
lil off topic, was wondering if there are any ways for discount for upgrading to pro version?
Send a mail to sales@avast.com 8)
The best things in life are free.

hyjaxltd

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 05:24:28 AM »
babble....babble...babble...
Seems to be running great.  Had to authorize a couple of components in my firewall settings so they could communicate to my network (or whatever!?!) but everything else is running smoothly.   btw AMD Athlon 64b 3200+/~1Gb Ram/MSI RS480/15 Mbs ISP.  Moby's pretty cool. will be upgrading soon to the Unlimited account...a great suggestion for anyone with 128Mbs connect and above.  Have to find out if probs w/sending resore points there, but thanks for the 411!!!

PLC