Author Topic: Software Updater gone from Smart Scan ?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
Software Updater gone from Smart Scan ?
« on: May 29, 2021, 04:06:01 PM »
Today I noticed that there is no more Software Updater as a part of Smart Scan.
Software Updater component is installed.
I am using the latest version of Avast Free on Windows 7 x64.

Offline Zoart666

Re: Software Updater gone from Smart Scan ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 08:46:43 PM »
Today I noticed that there is no more Software Updater as a part of Smart Scan.
Software Updater component is installed.
I am using the latest version of Avast Free on Windows 7 x64.

Same problem, I made a thread a day ago with the name "smartscan bug"

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 09:54:09 PM »
Personally I find the NOT so smart scan a pain in the backside, being more of a vehicle to promote other avast products.

In much the same way as on demand scans in a resident scanner are much depreciated as active files are scanned by the resident on-access scan.

Any of the more useful scans (previously) in the NOT so Smart Scan are available as regular on-demand scans, by useful I mean the Software Updater (in the UI > Performance section) and the WiFi Inspector (in the UI > Protection section).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 09:56:31 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Zoart666

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »
Personally I find the NOT so smart scan a pain in the backside, being more of a vehicle to promote other avast products.

In much the same way as on demand scans in a resident scanner are much depreciated as active files are scanned by the resident on-access scan.

Any of the more useful scans (previously) in the NOT so Smart Scan are available as regular on-demand scans, by useful I mean the Software Updater (in the UI > Performance section) and the WiFi Inspector (in the UI > Protection section).

Perhaps but that's kind of besides the point. Something isn't working as it should and something is broken or changed with an update.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 11:41:10 AM by Zoart666 »

Offline petr blatny

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 07:22:44 AM »
Hello, it is not a bug - it was removed on purpose. Software updater step was temporary removed because it caused troubles. It will be back, when issue is fixed. But thank you for letting us know :)