Author Topic: Minor problem using Avast Home Bootscan  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Minor problem using Avast Home Bootscan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 04:10:50 AM »
Hi speedyPC

Oldman that not a bad idea I have seen a usb to ps2 adapter yesterday morning when I was buy a mobile phone charger at the computer store, and I will try that adapter trick only cost around $4.00 instead of thinking buying another $90.00 keyboard comes with a PS2 connection.

A cheap USB to PS2 adapter, like the ones that come with a PS2/USB mouse, will only work if the device (in this case your keyboard) has both PS/2 and USB interface circuitry. The adapter just physically rearranges the connections.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »
grab a usb to ps2 adapter. They're usually quiet easy to find.

Good morning and G'day,

Oldman that not a bad idea I have seen a usb to ps2 adapter yesterday morning when I was buy a mobile phone charger at the computer store, and I will try that adapter trick only cost around $4.00 instead of thinking buying another $90.00 keyboard comes with a PS2 connection.

It really is a pain with no standardisation in the different BIOS interface makers screens out there.

Yep I have seen way to many different BIOS interface makers out there and they are a real pain in arse, everytime they created something new and new motherboard makers too because BIOS is different for different motherborad design......make me wonder WHY! Aaaaaaaaah.

If all you need is a cheap ps/2 keyboard, have a look here:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Labtec-Media-Keyboard-967530-0403/sem/rpsm/oid/150147/catOid/-13017/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 11:29:06 AM »
I've follow your instruction run the chkdsk c: /f and type Y (yes) no problem so far, and reboot the computer.

During the boot up the checkdisk screen came and it asking me to hit any key before 8 second it up, the keyboard did not responed my command keep mind the new Logitech G15 keyboard USB connection is still working because all the keyboard letters glow in blue the Num Lock light show up on the top right keyboard on every other normal keyboard as normal.

All the keyboard letters still glow up in blue and will not interrupt the checkdisk before 8 second when I hit any key.

Hmm, I'm afraid if even Microsoft ('s program) can't work with the keyboard in this case, the problem is not in avast!... Maybe the keyboard Windows drivers aren't loaded soon enough, or something like that  :-\

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 03:20:03 PM »
Hmm, I'm afraid if even Microsoft ('s program) can't work with the keyboard in this case, the problem is not in avast!... Maybe the keyboard Windows drivers aren't loaded soon enough, or something like that  :-\

Igor I have been thinking about that too :-\ any way I couldn't find a usb to ps2 adapter and I couldn't find a second keyborad, I also took a photo of the BIOS usb setup and how do I upload the jpg file to show you guys.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:21:51 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »
To post a jpg here on the forum, right below where you type is a heading called additional options. Click it and you will be able to attach the jpg. Just make sure it's not to big in physical size.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
Sorry I didn't get back to you asap, been busy at work.

Okay here my USB BIOS setup see attachment and I've tried everything I could and all I could think of is wave the white flag.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:02:07 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
Okay here my USB BIOS setup see attachment and I've tried everything I could and all I could think of is wave the white flag.
Seems ok... it's a mystery for me...
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 03:14:17 PM »
Seems ok... it's a mystery for me...

Tech maybe I better get Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson back from the dead to solved this riddle

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
A total mystery to me too.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security