Author Topic: Apple Delays Leopard due to iPhone  (Read 2340 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Apple Delays Leopard due to iPhone
« on: April 12, 2007, 11:08:25 PM »
Apple won’t release Leopard at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June, as it had first planned.

“While Leopard’s features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we’re sure we’ve made the right ones,” reads the statement.
http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/04/12/leoparddelay/index.php

So we have to wait 2 more months not as long as Vista was delayed but still this is the first time since 10.0 shipped that Apple has missed their target ship date and I wished there was something better to show for it than the way overpriced iPhone.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: Apple Delays Leopard due to iPhone
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »
Agreed Mac, To me their first priority should be the OS.  As for the iphone, it looks nice, but I can't justify the price.
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!