Author Topic: Cannot send receve with Avast email provider on  (Read 23282 times)

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Cannot send receve with Avast email provider on
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 04:06:31 PM »
It would be helpful if you could create a memory dump of the ashMaiSv.exe process when you encounter this problem.

To create the dump, please follow these steps:

- download the program http://public.avast.com/~vlk/userdump.exe
- run the downloaded program with the following parameters

userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe c:\ashMaiSv.dmp

- the previous step creates file c:\ashMaiSv.dmp. ZIP this file (name it e.g. ashMaiSv-dump.zip) and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming .
Please note that you don't have READ access to the ftp server (only WRITE) - meaning that you won't be able to verify the upload (you won't even see the file listed).

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 04:11:59 PM by vojtech »

ThorAsguard

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2007, 12:23:53 AM »
;) Thanks. Your not going to believe it but for the last two days it has been working fine. I do not know why as again I have done nothing differen it is so strange. But when it does it again I will do as you ask. Thanks

ThorAsguard

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
Hi vojtech,
I have downloaded the program but your instructions are vague. I do not understand what you mean by running it in parameters. I have opened the programme but cannot find it I have done a search for the file as well. Please where does it go and what am I meant to do. ???

I have looked in the log file and have found extra 35 files with unp9463473.tmp.mdmp various named files. I think they are new but could br wrong

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 10:01:18 PM by ThorAsguard »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »
running it in parameters
I think you could Start button > Run command button > Search for the file userdump.exe (where you have saved it) and click Open. You`ll have the full path of the userdump.exe file. After it, write down (starting with a space):
 ashMaiSv.exe c:\ashMaiSv.dmp

Hope this helps.
The best things in life are free.

ThorAsguard

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 12:03:01 AM »
Nothing happens i try running the programme it flashes up a black screen a split second and nothing. So have deleted exe as I dop not htink it is any good. Downloaded a nother and the same thing happens cannot get dump.exe to work.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:02 AM »
Open the command prompt window (Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt) and type
C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp
(provided that you saved the userdump.exe to C:\). This way you would see a potential error message.

ThorAsguard

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2007, 04:42:11 PM »
This does not work it comes up is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
This does not work it comes up is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Where did you save the file userdump.exe? I mean, in which path?

ThorAsguard

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »
Where did you save the file userdump.exe? I mean, in which path?
I saved the file to C: drive desktop and then I tried to the downloads file C: drive after deleting the first one as it did not work and the same thing happens.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 02:11:26 PM »
In which path?
Are you sure, really sure, it's not a path problem, I mean.
Are you using the correct command line, something like:
"C:\Documents and Settings\<your name>\Desktop\userdump.exe" "C:\Program files\Alwil Software\avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" C:\ashMaiSv.dmp

ThorAsguard

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
ok will try again maybe somethin I am doing more than likely lol

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »
It may be better that you have it in the C:\ root folder.
So first save it to C:\ if nothing else it makes it a much simpler command line ?

It may help if you post exactly what you are doing, the exact command your are typing ?

Open the command prompt window (Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt) and type
(provided that you saved the userdump.exe to C:\). This way you would see a potential error message.

I have just downloaded the userdump.exe, tested that using Windows start run, type the command (as below) and using the suggested cmd window (see image) and both worked.
1. saved it in the c:\ folder.
2. Windows, Start, Run, this opens a small window copy and paste the "C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp" (without the quotes) into the window and clicked OK.
3. A cmd window popped up and executed the command and closed.
4. I checked and there was the ashMaiSv.dmp file in the c:\ folder.

If you are using the intermediate step of Run cmd as suggested by vojtech, this is done solely to keep the cmd window present to see any error as you reported (This does not work it comes up is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file).

If you used the cmd window try changing directory/folder to C:. CD C:\ before typing the command C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

annekelley

Cannot send email or open email
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »
Here I am with the same problem.  I just did a virus scan this AM with Avast Home Edition and now can't get send email or once I receive, can't open it and then it's "gone".  Not in the delete box, but gone just the same.

Any suggestions? 

What's the phone number for Avast Tech Support?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2007, 09:40:19 PM »
Here I am with the same problem.  I just did a virus scan this AM with Avast Home Edition and now can't get send email or once I receive, can't open it and then it's "gone".  Not in the delete box, but gone just the same.
Did you run avast and this scanning, on-demand, mess your computer?
Or just that Internet Mail provider, while scanning emails, delete one of your emails?

What's the phone number for Avast Tech Support?
Help files...
Phone
(+420) 274 005 666
in working days: 9:00 - 17:00

ThorAsguard

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 07:54:29 PM »
It may be better that you have it in the C:\ root folder.
So first save it to C:\ if nothing else it makes it a much simpler command line ?

It may help if you post exactly what you are doing, the exact command your are typing ?

I have just downloaded the userdump.exe, tested that using Windows start run, type the command (as below) and using the suggested cmd window (see image) and both worked.
1. saved it in the c:\ folder.
2. Windows, Start, Run, this opens a small window copy and paste the "C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp" (without the quotes) into the window and clicked OK.
3. A cmd window popped up and executed the command and closed.
4. I checked and there was the ashMaiSv.dmp file in the c:\ folder.

If you are using the intermediate step of Run cmd as suggested by vojtech, this is done solely to keep the cmd window present to see any error as you reported (This does not work it comes up is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file).

If you used the cmd window try changing directory/folder to C:. CD C:\ before typing the command C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp.

I have tried this i just do not understand you people are doing. I do exactly what you say it does not work. I downloaded another to the desktop I assume i have to then click it and it runs in a flash so what happens I do not know it does something but what. I then paste this into the run command as you say C:\userdump.exe ashMaiSv.exe C:\ashMaiSv.dmp and this comes up windows cannot find C:userdump.exe so what else am I meant to do it is on the desktop so why can it not find it.
I give up this is just rediculous i will have to go back to AVG as I am not anle to do anything. What am i meant to sdo other than what i have just typed here is it right.