Author Topic: Error 10013  (Read 5861 times)

ilkyest

Error 10013
« on: April 15, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »
When OS starts I1ve an pop-up screen that informs not possible scan pop3 messages, imap, smtp, and news ones. I gave it in portuguese, but t's more or less "Avast will not scan pop3 messages. Error 10013." But it's scanning outlook messages. It's a normal advice cause I'm not connected yet or a "must correct" error?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Error 10013
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What is your firewall ?
Strange I know but we have had a very long topic chasing this problem and it turned out to be the firewall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ilkyest

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

What is your firewall ?
Strange I know but we have had a very long topic chasing this problem and it turned out to be the firewall.

I've received this since last monday. I just have onde AV. And my firewall is netveda. The built-in of windows is de-actived

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 04:44:50 PM »
Quote from: ilkyest
I just have onde AV.

I haven't heard of onde AV and a google search doesn't reveal much relating to an anti-virus.

Unless you meant 'I just have one AV' and that is avast ?
If this is correct, the second part of my question in my previous post, did you ever have another anti-virus installed ?
If yes, what was it and how was it removed ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »
I gave it in portuguese

I've received this since last monday. I just have onde AV. And my firewall is netveda. The built-in of windows is de-actived

'Onde', in Portuguese, is the same as 'where' in English.
I think this is a typo of ilkyest.

I think the problem is Netveda firewall blocking the avast mail scanner (ashMaiSv.exe) or another spam kille application that requires the use of proxy.
The best things in life are free.

ilkyest

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 05:28:56 PM »
I gave it in portuguese

'Onde', in Portuguese, is the same as 'where' in English.
I think this is a typo of ilkyest.

I think the problem is Netveda firewall blocking the avast mail scanner (ashMaiSv.exe) or another spam kille application that requires the use of proxy.

Não. Agora tava olhando o sistema. É um problema meio geral. Mas o fato é que o avast tá escaneando. É uma incompatibilidade qualquer e eu não sei onde. Tem a ver com o orbit e o kazaa.

Thanks by answers. Its a general problem. some compatibility issue between net, netveda, k-lite and orbit. Avast is verifying e-mails and another things. This is important. I think I should punch my computer.

Thanks
Obrigado

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
Its a general problem. some compatibility issue between net, netveda, k-lite and orbit. Avast is verifying e-mails and another things. This is important. I think I should punch my computer.
Well... if you can't guide us, pointing exactly what is happening, what is wrong, we won't be able to help you...
The best things in life are free.