Author Topic: One more question (thanks for icon help before)  (Read 2949 times)

HockeyBoy07

One more question (thanks for icon help before)
« on: April 15, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »
My next question is my next post in this thread...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:33:02 PM by HockeyBoy07 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: System Tray Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
What, the 'a' blue icon?
Program settings > Appearance should do the job.

The 'i' icon could be merged with the 'a', right click it.

Welcome to the most configurable antivirus round 8)
The best things in life are free.

ilkyest

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
How do I remove it? The Access Protection Control thing, I don't want it on my taskbar.

Help please.

Click with right button on avast's icon (that one with "a"). Go to configuration. In apearence (my english is so $%#%$&) there's an option that show the icon and another one that animate it.

HockeyBoy07

One more thing...
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 06:32:23 PM »
Thanks guys. Just one more thing and Avast! will be perfect for me.

I don't like when I click on something else like MSN (right click) and the a logo is one of the options and says ''scan msnmsgr''

How can I get rid of that?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 06:37:04 PM »
How do I remove it? The Access Protection Control thing, I don't want it on my taskbar.

Help please.

Why would you want to get rid of  it ?
The rotation of the icon is a good indication that there is some activity on your system, not to mention it is the interface to your on-assess settings and the right click menu gives access to other avast areas, manual Update, on-demand scanner (Simple User Interface).

Why not just Hide it using, right click the Start button, select Properties, Taskbar, Hide inactive icons and click the Customize. Find the avast On-Access Scanners entry and select always hide, that way if you need access to the on-access settings and other things previously mentioned you just need to click the < Show Hidden icons. Once you have completed what it is you need to do it will be hidden again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: One more question (thanks for icon help before)
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
I think HockeyBoy is talking rather about the avast shell extension (right-click scan in Explorer), am I correct?
If so, I don't think there's a way to hide that.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
Not according to his original question which is quoted by a couple of us in our replies about that, he was talking about the taskbar icon, as he has changed the Topic Title acknowledging the help about the icon before.

He has now asked a further question now about the right click context menu scan .
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 08:53:41 PM »
I think HockeyBoy is talking rather about the avast shell extension (right-click scan in Explorer), am I correct? If so, I don't think there's a way to hide that.
Yes, there are third party tools that manage the context menu of Windows Explorer and you can hide anything listed there...
The best things in life are free.