Author Topic: Newbie needs help - Avast reloading old emails into Outlook...  (Read 2367 times)

mylan

I started with Avast a couple of days ago. This morning, I received a warning about a questionable email and I told Avast to delete it which was fine. Then, I received about 50 emails from last week which I already had replied to. I thought this rather strange, but I deleted them. A few moments later, I received another warning about a questionable email and again deleted it and again, the very same emails came into my inbox again. What is the problem here? I use Outlook 2003 and am baffled as to why this would happen.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Newbie needs help - Avast reloading old emails into Outlook...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:21:12 PM »
Maybe, for any reason, the fact of being 'scanned' (downloaded and scanned) by avast plugin make the difference for Outlook.
Did you set your Outlook to keep the emails in your ISP after being downloaded?
Is avast Outlook plugin enabled, I mean, is avast scanning Outlook mail?
The best things in life are free.

mylan

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 07:23:11 PM »
I checked and I do not keep my emails on the server and Avast is active on Outlook...
This has not happened again but now I have the feeling that it will only happen when it advises me of a questionable email...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:05:56 PM »
I checked and I do not keep my emails on the server and Avast is active on Outlook...
This has not happened again but now I have the feeling that it will only happen when it advises me of a questionable email...
When an infected mail is found, avast could enter the 'paranoid' mode, i.e., do not trust anything and test everything, keeps alert to see if an infection is really happening.
Maybe something like that happened. If it does not happen again, I suggest you do not worry that much...
The best things in life are free.