Author Topic: Mail scanning icon gone!!  (Read 2967 times)

Tipton

Mail scanning icon gone!!
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:21:25 AM »
Hi everyone!!  I am running Vista ultimate on a new system. My system specs are Intel dual core CPU, nVidia GTS 8800 graphics card, WD raptor, and 2 gigs DDR 800 RAM.

I have the latest version of Avast home installed. I have noticed that when scanning my emails, the little blue email scanning icon does not appear like it does on my XP box. I am not talking about the blue avast icon with the "A" on it. I am talking about the little icon that appears and disappears when emails are scanned. I know the Avast mail scanner is working, because I get the clean message attachment on both incoming, and outgoing messages. I also show in the "scanned count" that emails are being scanned.  I also have the "show tray icon when scanning mail" checked under the "advanced" tab in "resident task settings"

Is the mail scanning icon gone under Vista?  I really liked that icon, because it showed at a glance that emails are being scanned.

Any ideas???

Thanks!!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Mail scanning icon gone!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »
Unfortunately, this is how it is. The mail scanner tray icon indeed doesn't work under Vista. Sorry for this ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:32:27 PM »
Unfortunately, this is how it is. The mail scanner tray icon indeed doesn't work under Vista. Sorry for this ;)
Will it be corrected or just it is forbidden to Vista?
When we'll have the next program update?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »
On Vista, it is not possible to do the way it's currently implemented in avast!, another way will have to be found. So, I don't think it will be changed anytime soon.