Author Topic: Auto Update Question  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Auto Update Question
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 02:37:37 PM »
I was wondering if maybe I should have cleaned out all my temp files before installing the latest version of Avast.
I don't think this would be a problem...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »
It certainly wouldn't hurt to do a clean install.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD so you can find it later.

Then uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install, reboot.
If you haven't got it already it would probably be best to download the latest version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

LAB

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
It certainly wouldn't hurt to do a clean install.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD so you can find it later.

Then uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install, reboot.
If you haven't got it already it would probably be best to download the latest version of avast and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

I am going to try it tonight. There are some things I found yesterday that makes me believe a bad install or corrupt files. I tried a manual update yesterday and everything seemed to download but I did not get any update info following it. My log file and "About Avast Info" still shows last update as Sunday April 15 at 6.45pm. I then tried a manual update from the VPS file that I down loaded yesterday (Tues April 17th) from Avasts site and when I tried to run it, Avast told me that the VPS file that I had down loaded/installing was older than the VPS file I currently had. That did not make any sense.