Author Topic: 'Date last scanned' not changing  (Read 9281 times)

Jazzy

'Date last scanned' not changing
« on: February 16, 2004, 09:02:32 PM »
I scan every day or so but since January 28, 2004  the 'Date last scanned' doesn't change. What I am doing wrong?

Culpeper

Re:'Date last scanned' not changing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 02:28:14 AM »
mine shows date of last scan as 01/01/04 though I've completed several full scans since that date.  Maybe only available on the pro version.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 02:33:20 AM by Culpeper »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 03:17:47 AM »
Odd, mine (4-Home) updates its display just fine, if I close the interface then re-open it.

I know if I do a manual update from the interface rather than from the icon menu, the version doesn't show correctly till the next time I open the interface, and I think the same's true for the last-scan info.

Hey, one more thought for the "Wish List", but I'm too lazy to post it there too -- how about some way to force a refresh of the status display under those circumstances?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 03:32:41 AM »
I've tried all that still no go on the date change.  Mine is stuck on 01/01/04.  I didn't even notice it until the newcomer reported it.

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 03:33:20 AM »
And this is my program menu.  The Status information and so forth is disabled.

Jazzy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 09:54:46 PM »
I also tried closing app and re-entering also tried rebooting after running scan. Sometimes the 'Last Scan date' will change after rebooting most times not. This time though it lasted more than 2 weeks. To Culpeper: my Status info etc is also grayed out. Today though when I booted up the date changed to February 16th which was the date of my last scan ???  Check to see if your date changes some of the time.  I'm not sure if I am using the correct procedure for answering, this is my first time.

Culpeper

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 01:46:35 AM »
Okay ;)  Thanks for sharing.  Stick around.  We like the peer support around here.  I'll try your suggestions.  If they work on my machine I'll post the results.

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 05:45:11 AM »
Still doesn't work for me.  I'm going to assume it is not working correctly.  It wasn't bothering me before so why should it bother me now?

Culpeper

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 03:11:19 AM »
Okay, thanks to Technical posting several links to threads concerning this subject, which I read carefully, I needed to select "all local disks" (both C: and D:) before my Date of last scan would display correctly or in other words the current date of complete last scan of both hard drives.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 12:20:03 PM »
Mine works great... i don't face those problems at all...
strange how everything is system or time settings depending...

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 03:08:37 PM »
Okay, thanks to Technical posting several links to threads concerning this subject, which I read carefully, I needed to select "all local disks" (both C: and D:) before my Date of last scan would display correctly or in other words the current date of complete last scan of both hard drives.

You're wellcome Culpeper... Yes, that date will be better described by last full scan date. The 'Status Information' is grayed for me too (Pro version).  :-\
The best things in life are free.