Author Topic: virus warning  (Read 2011 times)

netta

virus warning
« on: June 20, 2007, 04:10:53 PM »
While on the internet I received a warning from avast that i had been inficted with a virus which I was advised to put in 'the chest' .  I did so and when i next used my computer i did a thorough scan which told me the computer was clean.  However i keep getting a message on a microsoft icon at the bottom of my screen saying my computer is infected and 'the system' will download protection. ???I'm confused...is the virus 'safe' in the chest or is the computer really infected with a virus????How do i get rid of the message if it isn't relevent?
Hope someone can help and sorry if this is a very 'basic' enquiry
netta

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: virus warning
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »
Don't download the protection, it is a scam you are not infected other than this scumware trying to trick you into either buying a program, visiting a web site, downloading a file, etc. all of which are likely to get you infected.

A new tool RogueRemover, available here http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php, download, save and run the program and report back.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: virus warning
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »
is the virus 'safe' in the chest or is the computer really infected with a virus?
Yes, Chest is safe. Infection cannot get out of it.
I suggest that you schedule a boot time scanning with avast. Start avast! > Right click the skin > Schedule a boot-time scanning. Select for scanning archives. Boot.
The best things in life are free.