Author Topic: error 10013  (Read 3348 times)

chivaago

error 10013
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:18:58 AM »
New to the forum.

I've read what has been posted about error 10013. I can't see the solution though. If I've missed it, appreciate being pointed towards.
Here's what's happening: My firewall is Netveda, which I've cleared Avast to operate unconditionally. But the other day I downloaded a trial of LinkScanner
Pro which is an anti-phishing program that I'm sure works by way of a proxy. Firefox started freezing up and Outlook express locked up and I couldn't download emails off the server. I uninstalled Linkscanner, Firefox started working  again and I got Outlook express working but I'm receiving (each time I
power-up  3 error messages from Avast - "cannot scan incoming, outgoing emails and something else that escapes me at the moment.

I'm fairly certain the Linkscanner caused this but since the errors re-occur I'm stumped as to how to fix.

Any suggestions?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: error 10013
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 07:13:06 PM »
LinkScanner Pro which is an anti-phishing program that I'm sure works by way of a proxy.
Which port (number) does it use as being a proxy?

Are you sure that into Netveda settings all avast components are allowed to connect the Internet?
The best things in life are free.