Author Topic: New beta version 21.5.2467  (Read 9763 times)

Offline HK

• Avast team
Re: New beta version 21.5.2467
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2021, 10:59:59 AM »
Thanks for the new beta :)

Mail shield certificate issue still present with 21.5.6324 (icarus channel).

Hi NON,

can you please send us mail.log for further investigation?

Thanks in advance,
HK
Hi HK, log was sent to FTP. Filename: NON_Mail_log_20210608.zip

Please note I normally use "ignore certificate errors" option on the mail client since this happens.
Last one attempt was logged without that option; having a certificate error.

Thanks for the log. Could you please send the whole support package? Unfortunately, the log does not contain anything suspicious.

Thanks in advance,
HK

Offline lukas.munduch

• Avast team
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 02:27:13 PM »
Is there also a new version for Avast Omni - Beta and have any of the bugs been addressed?
Thanks.

Hi, there is definitely update also for Omni. But as far as I remember, you are using Icarus build of AV, right? Anyway, update for Icarus AV is also in public now, so you should get new version soon.
Both issues you reported are being investigated.

Karel
Updated via internal update.
After the first required re-start I was greeted with the popup "Oops, something went wrong"
After the next re-start, I couldn't open the UI. I proceeded to do a repair and then re-started the system.
I was now able to access the UI but was again greeted with the fact that the program needed to update. (Same problem as before)

Hello Bob, thank you for your support package. We probably found out reason why AV UI sometimes could not be load after program update and OS restart -> "Oops, something went wrong" screen. Currently we are working on fix and if everything will be OK we will release it with (hopefully the first) AV 21.6 BETA so it means that it will not be included in next 21.5 RC build. Thank you again

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 03:32:45 PM »

Hi NON,

Thanks in advance,
HK

Please note I normally use "ignore certificate errors" option on the mail client since this happens.

Thanks for the log. Could you please send the whole support package? Unfortunately, the log does not contain anything suspicious.

Thanks in advance,
HK
Package was sent to FTP: 20210608_1324_IVCCE_2988736846.zip
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline HK

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2021, 10:34:40 AM »

Hi NON,

Thanks in advance,
HK

Thanks in advance,
HK

Thanks NON for the support package. To fix that issue, could you please install the certificate that was used to sign the whole certificate chain of the mail server you are trying to connect to? The reason why you can not connect is that the certificate is signed by unknown certificate authority. In the future release it will be entirely on the application to the decide whether it is ok to connect or not (and warn the user about it).

Best regards,
HK

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 02:25:58 PM »

Hi NON,

Thanks in advance,
HK

Thanks in advance,
HK

Thanks NON for the support package. To fix that issue, could you please install the certificate that was used to sign the whole certificate chain of the mail server you are trying to connect to? The reason why you can not connect is that the certificate is signed by unknown certificate authority. In the future release it will be entirely on the application to the decide whether it is ok to connect or not (and warn the user about it).

Best regards,
HK
Hi thanks for analysis, but one of mail server is GMail, and I don't think its chain is corrupted.
Also, without Mail shield there is no problem accessing these mail servers.

Anyway I'll make a repair and (if time allows) Avast reinstall to see what happens after that.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。