Author Topic: Refund - No answer from Avast Help Center  (Read 2653 times)

Offline Vakoula

Refund - No answer from Avast Help Center
« on: June 03, 2021, 05:47:43 PM »
Hello there. Please someone help me because I'm at my wit's end.
Very recently - last week to be exact - I noticed suspicious billings on my PayPal account. I realized, upon inspection, they were coming from Avast. I had not authorized any renewal on my subscription and I hadn't renewed it myself for way over a year. Despite that, there was billing for the three kinds of services I had ordered in the past (two years prior) for a total price of 235USD!! I tried to contact Avast but to no avail. I addressed the issue through PayPal and they only managed to win the case for a refund for the last billing and a portion of the sum [86.79 on May 29th]. Past billings of 74.39USD on May 23d and 74.39USD AGAIN on May 24th could not be claimed.
I've sent an email to Avast's help center and was told that they didn't find any subscriptions to my name so they can refund it and I answered that OF COURSE they didn't because I hadn't made any subscriptions! I provided all the details the help center asked me and, until today, I've had no answerback.
I fear that the center is going to let the 30 day refund period pass without doing anything and I'll be badly scammed out of my money.
This is preposterous.

I have never been so furious about anything and haven't caused any fuss about things like that, exactly because I'm cautious.
This happened under my nose, from a company that was supposed to be reliable.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Refund - No answer from Avast Help Center
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 07:34:40 PM »
Hello there. Please someone help me because I'm at my wit's end.
Very recently - last week to be exact - I noticed suspicious billings on my PayPal account. I realized, upon inspection, they were coming from Avast. I had not authorized any renewal on my subscription and I hadn't renewed it myself for way over a year. Despite that, there was billing for the three kinds of services I had ordered in the past (two years prior) for a total price of 235USD!! I tried to contact Avast but to no avail. I addressed the issue through PayPal and they only managed to win the case for a refund for the last billing and a portion of the sum [86.79 on May 29th]. Past billings of 74.39USD on May 23d and 74.39USD AGAIN on May 24th could not be claimed.
I've sent an email to Avast's help center and was told that they didn't find any subscriptions to my name so they can refund it and I answered that OF COURSE they didn't because I hadn't made any subscriptions! I provided all the details the help center asked me and, until today, I've had no answerback.
I fear that the center is going to let the 30 day refund period pass without doing anything and I'll be badly scammed out of my money.
This is preposterous.

I have never been so furious about anything and haven't caused any fuss about things like that, exactly because I'm cautious.
This happened under my nose, from a company that was supposed to be reliable.

Hi,

Can you please provide me with the case/ticket ID so that I can look further into this issue?

Furthermore, to clarify, we are offering a 30 days money-back guarantee period to every single purchase made through our official web store, which includes automatic renewal charges as well.
As long as the refund request is made within 30 days from the date of purchase, there should be no reason for you not to receive a refund, even if for some unforeseen reason it takes longer than 30 days to process.

Offline Vakoula

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 07:40:36 PM »
Hello and thank you for your reply.

This is the case ticket mentioned in the email title: Avast Refund Request - 13350135
Any further information you need, I can provide anytime.

Regards.

Offline starrbeverly11

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 05:40:52 AM »
I just had to set up an account.  You listed me as a newbie.  You have charged my credit card for $69.99 for WHAT.  If i dont have an account how can you charge me for something I did not order.   I am instructing my credit card to never accept a charge from you asshole company.    Beverly Starr

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 09:19:43 AM »
Hello and thank you for your reply.

This is the case ticket mentioned in the email title: Avast Refund Request - 13350135
Any further information you need, I can provide anytime.

Regards.

Hi,

The three orders are related to subscriptions you had under the email address:lyd***vak @ hotmail.com
According to our system, your subscriptions with the order numbers 94139572900 and 94175364800 were placed into a dispute on 31 May 2021.
This essentially locks us out of the process as the dispute is now between PayPal (on your behalf) and Digital River (our distributor).
In order for us to assist you further, we would need confirmation from PayPal that they closed the dispute. We will then contact Digital River on your half and request a refund.
Please forward/attach the confirmation from PayPal to case/ticket ID 13350135.
Please feel free to PM me once you have done so and I will assist you further.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 09:57:20 AM »
I just had to set up an account.  You listed me as a newbie.  You have charged my credit card for $69.99 for WHAT.  If i dont have an account how can you charge me for something I did not order.   I am instructing my credit card to never accept a charge from you asshole company.    Beverly Starr

Hi,

You do not seem to have any subscriptions under the email address you used to register on this forum.
Please note that an Avast account is optional. You can find more information here: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/210/#idt_0120
You might have a subscription under the email address bstarr @ **ilwell***.org
In order for you to have been charged by Avast, you had to subscribe and provided your payment details.
You can also reach sales and billing support via telephone. For further clarifications, please visit this link https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other_general

Offline Vakoula

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
Hello again,

There it is, Case ID: PP-I-15222154 in PayPal, opened and closed on May 29th without a possibility of a refund.
Then, all of a sudden, after a while, the last billing was refunded without a justification. But it was the only part of the sum refunded. The two earlier billings were not, despite being part of the same case and equally as unauthorized (I am reminding you I had no involvement in any of the three charges).

Thank you for your help and fast response.
Regards.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:19:37 AM by Vakoula »

Offline ifeanyi umenze

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 11:42:55 PM »
hello! i requested for a refund on the 2nd of June, got an email on the 4th of June from Avast that my fund is on the way and would be recieved within 5-7 days, its past the said date already and i havent heard from the company  or seen any refund.

Order ID: 94563304800

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »
hello! i requested for a refund on the 2nd of June, got an email on the 4th of June from Avast that my fund is on the way and would be recieved within 5-7 days, its past the said date already and i havent heard from the company  or seen any refund.

Hi,

Our system shows that the refund was indeed processed.
The email we sent mentioned 5-7 business days (from the date it was processed and not including weekends). I would suggest that you kindly wait until at least the 15th of June 2021. If need be, please get back to us after this date and we can look further into your case.

Offline ifeanyi umenze

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 08:08:37 AM »
hello! i requested for a refund on the 2nd of June, got an email on the 4th of June from Avast that my fund is on the way and would be recieved within 5-7 days, its past the said date already and i havent heard from the company  or seen any refund. What could be the issue?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 04:31:15 PM »
hello! i requested for a refund on the 2nd of June, got an email on the 4th of June from Avast that my fund is on the way and would be recieved within 5-7 days, its past the said date already and i havent heard from the company  or seen any refund. What could be the issue?

Hi,

Thank you for your patience thus far. We have contacted DigtalRiver on your behalf and have asked them to look further into this case.
We will get back to you.