Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 3659 times)

igord

Please Help
« on: February 17, 2004, 11:15:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

Couple of days ago I've noticed an error svchost.exe and straight away I began to look up any info available on it. After reading many posts on various forums I began to try to resolve the problem.

I have used blaster removal tool from symantec and everything seemed fine but immediately after going back on the net the error came back! I've downloaded programm update from Avast and successfully scanned all the discs but again after going back on the internet the problem returned.

I've restarted my computer using disc startup win 98 to delete partitions and to open it again to format the disc, I've deleted MBR with FDISK/MBR and formated the disc on NTFS and FAT32. I was deleting and formating the patitions in various ways but unfortunately each time when I returned to go on the internet to update your programm I get error svchost.exe.

When I finish the download update and go to scan c:\winnt\system32drivers\svchost.exe = Win32:Nachi-B using the win 2000 for install! I see a difference, size is 39,163 but the unpartitioned space is only 39,162. I read that this trojan "lives" in a part of the dics boot or mbr, but how can I remove it?
I would greatly appreciate any help or where I can find further info on how to repair my HD.

This is my last log:
15.02.2004 20:36:34 YOGOWNIA-NRHO7G\dwayogi 760 Sign of "Win32:Nachi-B [Wrm]" has been found in "c:\winnt\system32\drivers\svchost.exe" file. 15.02.2004 21:01:00 YOGOWNIA-NRHO7G\dwayogi 760 Sign of "Win32:Nachi-B [Wrm]" has been found in "c:\winnt\system32\drivers\svchost.exe" file.

Thanks again.

Igor

whocares

Re:Please Help
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 11:56:22 PM »
Hi,

[JokeMode]
I'd also recommend s0-Kill & a low-level-format to drive this thing a bit further.. ;D ;D
[/JokeMode]

Seriously..:

you didn't have to format..

it'd have been enough to apply all Windows-Updates..

read up on Blaster/Lovsan on avast's or other virusinfo-pages (even Microsoft) on info & which patches to apply first..

;)

e.g. here:

http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1372.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 12:00:27 AM by whocares »