Author Topic: Getting tired of having to update entire network after you guys do an update  (Read 818 times)

Offline catman2112

so i have two machines - and I use Synergy client to share a mouse/keyboard with them.  Worked fine this morning.  Do Avast update on ONE machine, and it won't connect now.  When I disable Avast, the connection fires right up.  When I re-enable it, Avast kills the connection.

The layout is absolutely atrocious to try and find things to add to the firewall.  What on earth would cause this connection that once worked great to stop working now after your update?

Offline catman2112

rule in Firewall  -Public UDP/TCP block.  it's not public, it's private.  And the exception is ignored even when moved to the top of the list.

Here's an idea: 

first of all, why can I not get to the firewall logs from the firewall tab?  Secondly, why wouldn't you put in the ability to add an exception right from the firewall logs page???  I mean I can right mouse click and find the rule that cause the failure, and I can also right mouse click and get to the program.,... you guys have spent so much time coding in the "upsells" that you forgot about fundamental programming and ease of use.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
- Which Avast..? (Free/Premium)
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline catman2112

Windows 10 1909

Avast Premium Security

App ver 21.4.2464 build 21.4.6266.670

Vir Def:  ver 210608-4

This machine has never had any other antivirus on it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You can submit a bug report in "About Avast". (Add a link to this thread)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0