Author Topic: Update Alert Keeps Showing Up  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Theo86

Update Alert Keeps Showing Up
« on: June 05, 2021, 02:47:33 AM »
I updated Avast after the first update alert I got back in May, yet every other day or so I keep getting notified to download the new update. I think I've updated the thing at least three times now, just in case I was wrong and Avast really had put out a new update that quickly, but nothing I do seems to get rid of this.

Am I the only one getting this problem? The only thing I can think of is maybe I messed up ages ago and downloaded two copies of Avast, but I don't believe that's the case, nor do I know how I'd figure out if it was.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Update Alert Keeps Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 03:35:38 AM »
There has only been one program update recently Avast 21.4.xxxx - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=273698.0

Have you got Program Updates set to Automatic, Ask or Manual  ?
Do you happen to have a screenshot of this notification ?

Have you restarted your system after such update (essential for it to be applied) ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Theo86

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 03:57:33 AM »
I have program updates set to automatic, and have the most recent update installed. Screenshot of the notification is attached, hopefully it shows up

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 09:52:33 AM »
I have program updates set to automatic, and have the most recent update installed. Screenshot of the notification is attached, hopefully it shows up

Hi,

This screenshot refers to Avast Driver Updater (not Avast Premium Security).
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Driver-Updater-FAQ/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »
<snip>

Judging by your screenshot, this is a promotion of another Avast product.

If you don't want to see these you can turn them off in paid versions of Avast, such as Premium.
Avast UI > Menu > Settings > General > Personal Privacy and uncheck options you don't want or need.  I'm using Avast Free so I have no option to disable these Ads/Promotions, so I can't show you a screenshot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security