Author Topic: All Minimized Applications disappear!  (Read 3172 times)

BumSqBumFace

All Minimized Applications disappear!
« on: April 26, 2007, 02:57:11 AM »
Please can someone help me with this major dilemma! After updating to avast 4 home, I can now no longer see any of my programs when i minimize them to task bar.  They just disappear!  I know their still running as i can ctrl alt del and see that their still there.  I know its the latest version of avast thats the problem as after I system restored the problem was resolved. But heres the problem,once I have restored, my computer to an earlier time, avast tells me that it needs to restart to install the latest version and I'm then back to my initial problem again.  Has anyone else had this problem too?  I'm running a windows media centre PC if this helps.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: All Minimized Applications disappear!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:43:40 PM »
Strange... avast shouldn't interfere with the Windows Registry keys that rule the minimized windows and task bar.
If you uninstall and install avast from the scratch, will it help?
Do you have any other antivirus in your computer? Did you have in the past?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
After updating to avast 4 home...

Do you mean avast! Home, or avast! Professional?

BumSqBumFace

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:54 PM »
Im running avast 4.7 but not the professional version, just the free version. I may try uninstalling then trying again, cheers for the advice. Crossing my fingers that this works!  :-\

BumSqBumFace

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 07:51:44 PM »
oh forgot to say, I have not got any other antivirus software on my computer and have never used any other antivirus software, and I use the windows default firewall.  Everything worked fine with no conflicts up until this last update to the new version. Again thanks for the suggestion, ill try and reinstall. If not im stumped as to what to try.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
Do you use Spyware Doctor (an antispyware application)?
The best things in life are free.