Author Topic: About update of Avast!  (Read 4555 times)

icanflywithying

About update of Avast!
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:20:49 AM »
 :P After saying goodbye to KAV ,I have become a new hand of Avast ,in China.
Now I feel the update of Avast,usually, comes two days after the last one. why?am I in China,far from Czech ?
will the Inspire-type antivirus be available in the new beta?
Thanks! :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: About update of Avast!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:33:43 PM »
No, the updates are released for all world, not only for a part of it.
avast does not release placebo updates: they're there when they're available and could be released.

will the Inspire-type antivirus be available in the new beta?
I cannot follow you, can you rephrase?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »
avast has two types of Update, VPS (the virus signatures) and Program updates and they are handled slightly differently but it doesn't matter where you live al are the same.

The VPS updates happen regularly but there is no fixed schedule, usually 4-5 a week, often more frequently, I have had as many as 4 in a day. When you first connect to the Internet avast checks if an update is available. If so depending on your settings it will be downloaded automatically.

You can see the sort of frequency of these avast! VPS Updates History.

Program updates differ in that once a program update is released, they are scheduled over a 7 day cycle so as to balance the load on the update servers. So not everyone will be trying to download the larger program updates you might be lucky to be at the start of the 7 day program update cycle or a little later.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

icanflywithying

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
 :PI am sorry.I meant heuristic antivirus ,like nod32 ,will be available in the new version ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »
:PI am sorry.I meant heuristic antivirus ,like nod32 ,will be available in the new version ?
Maybe... You must wait Vlk's answers about this...
The best things in life are free.