Author Topic: Avast Driver Updater  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Johnmaxwell

Avast Driver Updater
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:13:18 PM »
Hello all, today I installed Avast Driver Updater (free trial) and updated a few of my drivers. However, when I logged on again the next day, Windows says the drivers were corrupted. So, I had to roll them back. But, my free trial is up now and I am not willing to pay for another license. So, my question is, from where do you get these drivers? Do you have a driver library, if you do, could you please link it to me. I hope an Avast person can help me with this issue. Thank you.

Offline _Uli_

• Avast team
Re: Avast Driver Updater
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:00:18 AM »
Hi,

we run an internal driver database with almost 8 million drivers. All drivers come directly from the manufacturers, are constantly checked for viruses, malware etc. and are also all tested once on each Windows 7, 8 and 10. The database contains several terrabytes of data and unfortunately we cannot make it available due to its size.

Please contact our support - they will certainly be able to help you. Thank you!  :)

Offline Johnmaxwell

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:14:37 PM »
Sheesh, almost 8 million drivers? Anyways, you answered half of my question, sorry If I'm sounding frank. But, the other half of the question is, where can I find this driver database and can I download individual drivers from them. Or, what I'm trying to say is, is it open to the public? As in, can your average person can go there and download a driver they need? Thank you and hope to talk to you soon.

Offline _Uli_

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 10:22:36 AM »
I am sorry, our internal database is not open to the public.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 10:34:32 AM »
Sheesh, almost 8 million drivers? Anyways, you answered half of my question, sorry If I'm sounding frank. But, the other half of the question is, where can I find this driver database and can I download individual drivers from them. Or, what I'm trying to say is, is it open to the public? As in, can your average person can go there and download a driver they need? Thank you and hope to talk to you soon.

Hi,

in the next version of Driver Updater product we will introduce an easy way how to revert drivers in case something goes wrong and this option will be available always no matter wich license you have or whether it is already expired. I am sorry that it is not there yet, but if you wait for about 3 weeks, we will release the new version to the public so you can download and install it or get it via update then.

Thank you.