Author Topic: after advast up date  (Read 2022 times)

roo hunter

after advast up date
« on: April 26, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
after ad vast  up dated i now have a problem with both my fire wall and ad vast  i been a user now for over 12 months and this is the first time  it has happened  i have uninstalled and reinstalled both  ad vast and the fire wall  but for some reason all ad vast is doing is sending  request to my fire wall to do down load with different  ports beening used all the time  where b4  i would just get one request i now have to open my fire wall as they pop up ever 10 seconds or so  any one got any ideas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: after advast up date
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
Into the firewall settings, the following programs should be allowed to connect:

C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe (avast! Web Scanner) (allow server rights; access to ports 80, 443; accept connections from localhost on ports 12080)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe (avast! e-Mail Scanner Service) (allow email rights: outgoing on ports 110, 25 and 119; accept connections from localhost on ports 12110, 12025, 12119)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\avast.setup (avast! Update executable)

Don't need rights to connect:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe (avast! antivirus service)
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe (avast! Update Service)

Last days we had a program update, so the firewall should ask you if you allow the 'new' (updated) components to connect.
The best things in life are free.