Author Topic: Avast Won't Scan  (Read 4806 times)

kniickgnat

Avast Won't Scan
« on: February 18, 2004, 08:49:07 AM »
When I try and to a scan with AVAST, I can get to the "push Scan" button and AVAST simply disappears and I'm back to the desktop.  I ran another scanner which didn't find any virus/trojans.  Any ideas?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Avast Won't Scan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 09:39:46 AM »
Do you mean that when you press the "Start" button (to start the scan), avast! simply exits?

What OS do you use? What avast! version do you use? What are you trying to scan? (local disks, removable media, ...)?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:14:25 PM »
When I try and to a scan with AVAST, I can get to the "push Scan" button and AVAST simply disappears and I'm back to the desktop.  I ran another scanner which didn't find any virus/trojans.  Any ideas?

Kniickgnat, it's very useful to use "signature" feature when you post your topics. Go to your PROFILE (top of the screen) and click on MODIFY. There you can play with your personal settings regarding this forum. Why signature is so important ? Because, you can put inside your signature all your computer specs like proccessor, amount of memory, size of your HD, OS that you run on your computer. That way, you'll never forget to "tell" those inormation to people who can help you. Those information are very, very important... you see... if Igor had those information about your system in the first place, it's very big possibility that he could give you the answer right away. It's not easy always, but it's much easier if we have all those specs.

BTW, Kniickgnat ? :) Funny name... Is it somehow in any way related to muskitos ?  ;D

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:18:02 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 01:08:39 PM »
I ran another scanner which didn't find any virus/trojans.  Any ideas?

Beside the other questions, are you using 'two' residents antivirus at the same time at the same system? If yes, you could have problems.  ;)
The best things in life are free.