Author Topic: Upgrade pop up is not working properly  (Read 7191 times)

Erroneus

Re: Upgrade pop up is not working properly
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
Well I strongly disagree with that decision and I think it's really disappointing to say the least, also because you could make a 1002 build which would only be applied for users which has the 8.3 tweak applied, it would be fairly easy to check, since all we are talking about is a reg key.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 10:55:47 PM »
You could make a 1002 build which would only be applied for users which has the 8.3 tweak applied
No... it's not possible. It will be applied to all avast users... To change the installation procedure and add a new check will force a new avast update... I don't think they will do it right now.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »
Well I strongly disagree with that decision and I think it's really disappointing to say the least, also because you could make a 1002 build which would only be applied for users which has the 8.3 tweak applied, it would be fairly easy to check, since all we are talking about is a reg key.

If it were fairly easy don't you think they would have considered it.

Assuming it were possible and easy to do what you propose, what about those millions who haven't applied the 8.3 tweak, effectively their systems wouldn't be updated and would remain as 4.7.1001 and those that did would be on 4.7.1002. There is only one current version of avast on the web site, there is only one current version available for download.

So the millions of users would appear to be running an out of date version.

What happens when a later program update comes out the checks you suggest would need to be done in perpetuity.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Gort

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »
The flaming thing does not stay long enough for me to click on it.
Try to set a bigger value for the item ShowTime in the section [AAVM] of the avast4.ini file and test.
I think the default is 4 seconds.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.msg10270#msg10270
Unfortunately, changing the ShowTime value had no effect on the behavior of the update pop-up.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 02:27:21 PM »
Unfortunately, changing the ShowTime value had no effect on the behavior of the update pop-up.
I was not sure about that... you're confirming it to me now.
Hope Alwil could add this feature (setting) in the future.
The best things in life are free.