Author Topic: Avast Interface screen again!  (Read 3423 times)

BURTON

Avast Interface screen again!
« on: February 18, 2004, 06:39:48 PM »
Hi,

I have now found out how the VDRB works but I have just recently done another thorough scanb of my pC and the date will not update to show when the last scan was done.  I am doing the following when I do the scan.

Load up avast interface screen.
I then click on Folder Selection
This then brings up a box indicating which folders & drives neeed to be scanned.
I then click on 'My Computer' which ticks every box
Then I press Start.
It then scans away but when it finishes showing the results I then click box goodbye and then go to status screen and see that the date has not updated.

Please could you tell me why!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Avast Interface screen again!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 04:24:09 AM »
Hi,

I have now found out how the VDRB works but I have just recently done another thorough scanb of my pC and the date will not update to show when the last scan was done.  I am doing the following when I do the scan.

Load up avast interface screen.
I then click on Folder Selection
This then brings up a box indicating which folders & drives neeed to be scanned.
I then click on 'My Computer' which ticks every box
Then I press Start.
It then scans away but when it finishes showing the results I then click box goodbye and then go to status screen and see that the date has not updated.

Please could you tell me why!

I'm not sure but I thought you have to select 'scan archives' and make a 'full' scanning of all HDD in your system...  :-\
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Avast Interface screen again!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 07:20:37 AM »
As Technical suggests, and this seems to have been the experience of others here, you're probably better off selecting "local drives" rather than "folders", since it sounds like you're doing the whole drive anyway.

Maybe the team can figure out -- or already know, and can explain in relatively simple terms -- why the status info seems to update fine if you scan using local drives rather than using folders and including all folders.

(Edit) As a P.S., for the purpose of keeping stats updated I don't think it matters whether or not you include archives in the scan.  I always do anyway, but there have been times in the past when I didn't bother and I'm pretty sure the last-scan info still updated ok.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 07:24:13 AM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent