Author Topic: Disable complete check on start up  (Read 2790 times)

Fbeer

Disable complete check on start up
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:34:24 PM »
How do I stop avast home edition from doing a complete check of my computer whenever I do a restart

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Disable complete check on start up
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:02:48 PM »
How do I stop avast home edition from doing a complete check of my computer whenever I do a restart
Welcome to the forum! :)

Do you mean the boot scan?

It is just one time (after you have installed the software), not everytime you start the computer.

If you want to schedule a boot scan...see this link:

http://www.digitalred.com/avast-boot-time.php
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:08:41 PM by Bluesman »
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:18:17 PM »
avast doesn't do a complete scan of your system on boot unless you schedule it to do so or after avast is first installed to give you a clean start state.

As Bluesman said it is a one shot deal, no more after first installation and reboot unless you schedule it and then it is still a one shot deal.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »
How to disable scan at boot?
Could you please start regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, select the value BootExecute and export it to a file? If you could post the file as an attachment here, I would like to check what could be wrong there.

In XP, if you press F8 when starting Windows and select 'Last known good configuration' from the boot menu, the boot scan should not be started.
The best things in life are free.