Author Topic: Buggy Browser?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline CTWarmbrodt

Buggy Browser?
« on: June 13, 2021, 07:36:20 PM »
A few days ago, I've added UBlock Origin to Avast! Secure Browser, and it was presumably a functional substitute for the default Adblock for this browser. But I think after a little while, the browser started to act up; it caused my computer to freeze/be unresponsive, which lasted for a little bit. At first, I thought it was from UBlock, so I removed it as soon as possible. But I think a day or two after that, when I used it again (and without UBlock), the problem persisted: my computer briefly froze/was unresponsive, and I was worried it was gonna crash or something. I don't know if any one else is witnessing this problem whenever they use Avast! Secure Browser.

For your convenience: as of this post, I am using Windows 10, and I am using the most up-to-date version of Avast! Secure Browser.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Buggy Browser?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 08:13:38 PM »
Whilst I don't used ASB (preferring firefox), a few things the Avast Adblock is based on uBlock, which is different from uBlock Origin.  I only use one Ad Blocker in Firefox and that is uBlock Origin.

So I would suggest choosing only one ad blocker, my preference would be uBlock Origin and disable the ASB Adblock and see if it isn't conflict related.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security