Author Topic: This awesome theme about virus definition updates  (Read 8235 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: This awesome theme about virus definition updates
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 03:00:44 AM »
I thought Kaspersky online scanner doesn't clean.
As far I know it does not clean... just detect. But you can, after, delete (and clean) by other methods...
The best things in life are free.

Gabriele 08

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 04:43:53 AM »
By the way a new and improved version of Spyware Terminator was just released. It is significantly lighter on system resources than previous versions. Right now on my computer it is only using 7MB of memory compared to about 25 in previous versions.
Which version do you use? Do you use SpywareT like resident?
Because I' m experiencing the opposite... Now I'm with 1.9.2.134 (version without Webguard) with resident antispy and H.I.P.S. protection activated, and resources are about 20Mb, while time ago after updating from 1.5.0.740 were more or less 15Mb. (But yes, always have to consider that each sistem is different).
Another question...do you use AVG, SpywareT and Cyberhawk alls with realtime protection?
I ask you about this,because I totally agree the concept of multi-layered protection, but IMHO without risks of conflicts.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:46:03 AM by Gabriele 08 »

internetworld7

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 05:00:07 AM »
just multiple engines adding layers of security to my computer.  ;)
I don't want to be pessimist but if you have AVG and avast running at the same time in the same computer, both residents... you'll get trouble sooner or later... starting with email scanning...

That's ok but I'll have no trouble there as well. I don't use Outlook Express or Thunderbird. Just Gmail or Yahoo! :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 05:04:01 AM by internetworld7 »

internetworld7

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 05:12:58 AM »
By the way a new and improved version of Spyware Terminator was just released. It is significantly lighter on system resources than previous versions. Right now on my computer it is only using 7MB of memory compared to about 25 in previous versions.
Which version do you use? Do you use SpywareT like resident?
Because I' m experiencing the opposite... Now I'm with 1.9.2.134 (version without Webguard) with resident antispy and H.I.P.S. protection activated, and resources are about 20Mb, while time ago after updating from 1.5.0.740 were more or less 15Mb. (But yes, always have to consider that each sistem is different).
Another question...do you use AVG, SpywareT and Cyberhawk alls with realtime protection?
I ask you about this,because I totally agree the concept of multi-layered protection, but IMHO without risks of conflicts.

Hello,

I am using ST's resident as well as the resident protection of AVG, avast! and CyberHawk. However I may decide in the future to just use one antivirus in stead of two, namely avast! only. CyberHawk is a pretty good supplement to antivirus protection.

wetabax

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »

I thought Kaspersky online scanner doesn't clean.

I use BitDefender online scanner.  Other than one trojan in my trash bin (BD couldn't remove it), BD never found anything else.  BitDefender online scanner does clean, if it can.

Yes, you are right, Kaspersky doesn't clean. Only finds. But clean is a delicious work in DOS or security mode. Searching the line, the file, renaming attributes, (copying a sample to send to avast!), deleting the file. I love this part.  :D

(Something in this life must be done from human, if not, how poor our existence).