Author Topic: Pirate-avast! Announcement  (Read 14239 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Pirate-avast! Announcement
« on: February 19, 2004, 07:38:12 PM »
Hello everyone !

This is just preview of my very, very new and fresh skin... I dedicate this one to all avast! users, especially to Culpeper and Razor (I thing that's his nick name)

I must tell that I don't have enough free time like I had before when I was enjoying my vacation... I had to go back to my work, so I'm little bit short with free time... anyway, this is what I've done so far. Every possible spare minute I'll spend on finishing this skin... btw, it's almost done (95%)

First picture is base, default skin look, and if you take a look at second one, you'll se those 3 sliding pannels (2 flags and one treasure box). I decided to make something completely different... I don't know if I succeded...

Any comments would be grately appreciated...

Note: This skin will be one of those "gamey-style" skins, so please, please, please... don't tell me again that skin is "too gamey"... I know that and my intention was to make gamey skin again. For all those who don't like these colorful-skins, I also made those "Flat'n'Simple" and "Corporate" skins... you can't say you can't find what you really like in avast! skins download section. Few people asked me to make Pirate style skin ('cause avast! IS pirate word), so I like to listen to people and to help them if I am able to do that...

I really think that there is no antivirus program like avast! out there... at least none of those competitive antivirus tools looks good and wild like avast! does... that's for sure ! Correct me if I'm wrong...

Cheers !

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Pirate-avast! Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 07:39:25 PM »
Second picture preview where you can see those 3 sliding pannels (animated widows)... 2 flags and one treasure box

Culpeper

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »
Ahoy, matey!  There be pirates here!  Shiver me timbers![/red]

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 10:39:31 PM »
Ungh ?  ;D Shiver me timbers ?

It must be pirates slang...

Cheers !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 03:30:26 AM »
OK, worked hard last few hours...

Pirate-avast! skin is completely finished and working great !

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:09:28 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 05:04:55 AM »
Cool! I'll use it!

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 11:53:52 AM »
Well, you better use it...  :o 'cause I worked my butt off to make it nice and clean...  :-X finally, it was you who asked me to make pirate style skin...  ;)

My wife is not so happy I spend so much time on skins...  ;D

I just don't understand why all of a sudden, guys from Alwil don't contact me anymore  ??? Where is everybody ? Probably, they have too much work regarding updates of virus definitions and program updates... no word from Vlk in last 2 weeks, M.Novak promised me to write me an e-mail (Martin, I hope you like my photos I sent you), nothing... totaly silence...  ::)

Guy that has a nick something like "RAZOR" or "REZOR", contacted me by the e-mail and he's also asked me to make Pirate skin... can't hear nothing from him either...  ???

He also said that he is able to read posts from this forum, but he's unable to send posts... OK, write me an e-mail again, describe the nature of your problem (from the scratch), and we'll try to find a solution for your problem.

Am I on GHOST ship maybe ? ...avast!

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 02:49:46 PM »
I think the staff is busy.  They have a new build coming out next week.  Thanks for the skin.  I know it takes a lot of hard work to complete one.  Tell your wife how greatly appreciated you are at Avast.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 03:04:35 PM »
Hehe, I know my friend... it was me joking. She is the best mate I could ever find. She understands me completely and she doesn't ever want to stay in between me and my computer work... although, she would like me to spend some more time petting her...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Question for you Culpeper:

Take a good look at those preview screens again... and tell me...
those sliding pannels, those two flag-shaped. Do you like those plain (second picture) more than those two 3-Dimensional from the last picture I posted ?I'm asking 'cause I liked more those plain flags... they look much better for me... your opinion ?

Cheers !

Culpeper

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 03:36:40 PM »
I agree the plain one is better because to my eye the other ones look busy.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »
Ok, that's all I needed.  ;D I was just looking for one more reason to replace them back with plain versions... I'll do that in next few minutes...

Cheers!

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 09:39:17 PM »
Cool skin! Maybe a bit too gamey but nice hehe,especially for Culpeper ;) I prefer hi-tech skins.
Oh and my nick is RejZoR (in my language its pronounced the same as Razor).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 10:40:13 PM »
My native language is very similar to your language.. I'm originaly from Croatia, but I live in Toronto. In my language, Rejzor is pronounced same way like RAZOR in English...

Too gamey ? You were the first one that asked me to make Pirate Style skin... can't make hi-tech skin out of that Pirate idea, so it has to be "gamey"...  ;D

Stick around Ljubljana-man !  ;)

Btw, I see you like 3D-style sheep avatar I redesigned for you...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 11:23:12 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 10:48:22 PM »
Hehe Culpeper probably asked you for pirate skin. I was asking about Luna XP style remember ;) And yeah,3D Bacek is very cool :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 11:20:42 PM »
Well yeah... you're probably right. I get so many e-mails every single day that I can not even remember some of those... yes, you're right. You asked me about WinXP style skin and some skins that should make avast! looks like Norton AV, McAfee etc. Now, I remember...

Anyway, WinXP could be the next one, but I can't promise how soon it will be...

Take a look in here to see the way I designed my desktop... Visual Style was made 100% by me. I mixed best from two competitive O.Systems - OSX and Windows XP:

THREAD WITH SCREENSHOT OF MY DESKTOP (1024x768)

Cheers !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 11:23:35 PM by S.Z.Craftec »