Author Topic: [Solved] Mail shield certificate not trusted in Outlook  (Read 19698 times)

Offline timmarshall.australia

Re: [Solved] Mail shield certificate not trusted in Outlook
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2022, 04:54:04 PM »
I'm somewhat offended this is happening (in Thunderbird). You install Avast and then out of the blue you can't send emails.
No explanation from the program. You're just left to worry what's happening.

Then you turn off the mail shield and you can send mail. But doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Avast needs to ensure that this event in the mail program triggers something in Avast that explains what's happening and HOW TO FIX IT.

The app is also detecting Goodsync as having malware and not only that -  CONTINUALLY!
Why does it keep alerting me to stuff it should have already DEALT WITH? I added it as an exception already.

I'm getting close to dumping this app.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2022, 05:32:15 PM »
The app is also detecting Goodsync as having malware and not only that -  CONTINUALLY!
Hi, you can report a suspected FP (File/Website) here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DJRob

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2023, 09:13:52 PM »
I was recommended to refer to this thread as for many months I have experienced these Internet security warnings when opening Outlook 2019 in Parallels.

Thanks Avast for causing me countless hours of frustration and taking up valuable time of Microsoft, 3rd Party email provider and Parallels.

I am now looking for a suitable replacement for an anti-virus solution.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2023, 10:04:46 PM »
I was recommended to refer to this thread as for many months I have experienced these Internet security warnings when opening Outlook 2019 in Parallels.

Thanks Avast for causing me countless hours of frustration and taking up valuable time of Microsoft, 3rd Party email provider and Parallels.

I am now looking for a suitable replacement for an anti-virus solution.

Well you could have posted in the topic many months ago and your frustration may have been alleviated.

Not even sure if the version of Avast your using is the Avast Mac Security given your mention of Parallels, should you have been checking that sub-forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security